Get a $20 bonus when you open an Acorns account using my referral code. This is 4x more than the standard referral bonus of $5.
The Acorns investing app lets you invest your spare change from your everyday spending to earn more money and save for retirement. Full details of current Acorns promotions, sign-up promos, referral bonuses, and other offers below.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
What is Acorns Invest?
Acorns is a micro-investing app that helps new investors with little money to invest spare change and build their savings over time. It’s designed for new investors or those who may not have a lot of money to get their feet wet in the stock market.
Micro-investing works by rounding up your everyday purchases to the nearest dollar and automatically investing the spare change into a diversified portfolio of stocks. For example, if you make a purchase for $1.40, Acorns will round it up to $2.00 and invest the additional $0.60 for you.
The Acorns app offers several diversified portfolios you can choose from based on your risk tolerance, ranging from conservative to very aggressive. These portfolios are built using a mix of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) from various asset classes, such as stocks and bonds.
There are two different new user promotions. The first offers a $20 bonus when you set up recurring investments while the second provides a $5 bonus when you make your first investment.
Offer #1: Acorns $20 Sign-Up Bonus
Open an Acorns Investing account and get a $20 sign-up bonus when you complete a recurring investment of $5 or more.
How To Receive Sign-Up Bonus:
- Register for an Acorns Investing account using this link.
- Set up recurring investments.
- Make your first recurring investment of at least $5.
- Get a $20 bonus within 10 days of the following month.
Offer #2: Acorns $5 Referral Bonus
Join Acorns and receive a $5 referral bonus when you make your first investment of $5 or more.
How To Receive Referral Bonus:
- Create an Acorns account using this link (no referral code needed).
- Make your first investment of $5 or more.
- Receive a $5 investment bonus within one business day.
|12 Free Stocks||Link|
|16 Free Stocks||Link|
|1 Free Stock ($25)||Link|
|1 Free Stock (Up To $300)||Link|
|$150 Cash Bonus||Link|
|Up to $500||Link|
|1 Free Stock (Up To $225)||Link|
|$10 Cash Bonus||Link|
Acorns Referral Program
Acorns has an incredible referral program that offers up to $1,200 for referring friends. While the exact amount changes from time to time, the referral bonuses have never been anything less than stellar.
For example, at the time of this writing, Acorns will give you a $925 cash bonus into your Invest account when you invite 4 friends to sign up and make their first investment. Plus, both you and your friend will also receive a $5 bonus.
That means if you’re able to successfully have 4 friends complete the referral requirements, you’ll get a total of $945 ($925 cash bonus + $5 per friend)!
You must be a customer with a verified Acorns account in good standing to receive a referral bonus.
How To Refer Friends:
- Send your friends your unique referral link or code (found in the Acorns app).
- Your friend uses your referral link or referral code to open an Acorns account.
- Your friend makes their first investment within 14 days after the promotional period ends (investments can take 5 days to settle).
- Receive a referral reward into your Acorns Invest account within 30 days of meeting offer requirements.
The Bottom Line
Keep in mind that Acorns has a monthly membership fee of $3 per month. The monthly fee gives you access Acorns Invest, Acorns Found Money, Acorns Later, and Acorns Spend:
- Acorns Invest: This is the main brokerage account that you’ll invest your spare change in. You can fund the account via round-ups, recurring deposits, or on-demand deposits.
- Acorns Later: This is a individual retirement account, also known as an IRA. It’s similar to Acorns Invest, but the account is intended to grow your retirement funds.
- Acorns Spend: This is a checking account that doesn’t have many fees traditional checking accounts typically have, such as monthly service fees, minimum balance fees, or ATM fees (ATM fees are reimbursed).
- Acorns Found Money: This is an online marketplace that offers cashback on a percentage of your purchases made at many popular retailers. The cashback earned through Found Money is transferred to your Acorns Invest account.
Acorns is geared towards new investors, who perhaps don’t have a lot of money to invest, but would like invest their spare change for the future.
If you’re interested in other apps like Acorns, check out this list of investing apps that give you free stocks.