Albert is a mobile banking app that’s offering new users a $150 bonus when they open an Albert Cash account and make qualifying direct deposits using a referral link (one is included in this post).
Full details of the referral bonus and other current promotions below.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Ninja Update 7/2/22: The referral bonus has increased from $100 to $150.
What is Albert?
Albert is a cash management account and financial budgeting app that helps people manage their finances. You can self-manage your account for free or let Albert Genius do it for you.
Albert’s mission is to build a world where no one, regardless of income or net worth, has to worry about making the wrong financial decision.
To encourage people to try their free Albert Cash account, Albert is offering a $150 welcome bonus for new users.
Albert $150 Referral Bonus
Albert is offering a $150 bonus when you join through a referral link and complete qualifying direct deposits and spending minimums.
This is a pretty easy bonus to do. The link below is my personal referral link – thanks in advance for TMN readers who choose to use it and support the site.
Ninja Note: The referral link doesn’t show the referral bonus initially and then displays the older $75/$100 bonus offer, but the $150 version will be confirmed towards the end of the sign up process. This has been verified with the Albert team.
How To Get $150 Referral Bonus
- Download the Albert app account using this link.
- Open a free Albert Cash mobile banking account.
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 or more within 45 days of sign up and every 30 days for 90 days (3x total).
- Spend at least $200 on goods or services with your Albert debit card every 30 days during the same 90-day period.
- Receive a $150 bonus deposited into your Albert Cash account.
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, $500+ every 30 days for 90 consecutive days
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Albert Referral Program
Spread the word about Albert – tell your friends and get rewarded. Refer a friend to Albert and earn $150 for each friend that joins.
Albert has a referral program where you can earn $150 for every friend that you refer. Your friend will also get $150 as a welcome bonus.
In order for your friend to qualify, he or she must meet the following requirements:
- Each referral is for a new Albert member and signs up with your unique referral link.
- Each friend receives a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more into Albert Cash every 30 days for 90 consecutive days.
- Each friend spends $200 or more on goods or services with their debit card every 30 days for 90 consecutive days.
How To Refer Friends
- Tap Profile (👤) on the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap Invite friends.
- You’ll be prompted to sync your contacts. From there, you may send invites immediately.
Referral Program Terms & Conditions
Albert offers a referral program (the “Referral Program”) that provides a cash bonus to you if you refer someone who signs up for Albert and receives a qualifying direct deposit to their Albert Cash Account.
By participating in the Referral Program, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The only compensation owed to you for each referral and applicable qualification details are as described above or in the Referral Program section of the App. If you violate the Terms or the terms of the Referral Program, you are automatically ineligible to receive any compensation under the Referral Program.
- It is within Albert’s sole discretion whether to accept a user of the Services, including but not limited to friends you invite through the Referral Program, as well as to change any eligibility or qualification criteria of the Referral Program.
- The intention of the Referral Program is to generate new Albert users who have created an Albert Cash Account and otherwise qualified for the Referral Program in good faith. If we suspect that you or the friends you invite under the Referral Program are abusing, or attempting to abuse, the Referral Program, we may take any corrective action to discontinue such abuse, including but not limited to deactivating your and/or your friends’ Albert user accounts, removing your/their eligibility to receive any bonus under the Referral Program and seeking recoupment of any prior bonus payments made to you or them.
The Bottom Line
The referral bonus for Albert very similar to Chime’s referral bonus. Although Chime’s offer is easier to do, it has a slightly lower bonus amount.
I’d do both to grab a total of $250 ($150 for this Albert offer and $100 for the Chime offer) if you haven’t done so already. I did Chime a couple of years ago and did Albert using one of my reader’s link.
One thing to keep in mind is that Albert is pretty strict with the direct deposit requirement. Unlike most other bank offers that have other options for a direct deposit, Albert considers an eligible direct deposit to be:
“…made by the individual’s employer, payroll provider, or benefits payer by Automated Clearing House (ACH deposit).”
and the following doesn’t count as a direct deposit:
“Bank ACH transfers, federal, state, or local tax refunds or credits, federal or state unemployment or short-term disability benefits, mobile check deposits, peer-to-peer transfers from services like Cash App, Venmo, or PayPal, or other similar deposits are not qualifying direct deposits.”
I’m including this Albert promotion in the list of the best bank bonuses.