Use your Capital One rewards credit card and get $10 off $40 at Amazon when you use just 1 point! See how to take advantage of this promo below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Capital One $10 Off $40 Amazon Offer
Capital One is offering select cardholders $10 off their next $40 Amazon order. The items bought needs to be shipped and sold by Amazon to count towards the $40 spend requirement.
The following Capital One rewards credit care are eligible for the offer:
- Journey Student
- Spark Cash
- Spark Cash Select
- Spark Classic
- Spark Miles
- Spark Miles Select
How To Get The Offer
Activate The Offer [Amazon]
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here!
The activation link will check to see if your Amazon account is targeted for the offer. However, the promotion WON’T show up unless you have already added a Capital One credit card as a saved payment option and linked your Capital One rewards account.
What if you’ve already participated in a similar promotion? You might still get this offer, but you need to delete your Capital One card from your Amazon account and add it back.
Add Capital One Credit Card To Amazon
Add Credit Card To Account [Amazon]
This link above will transfer you to your Amazon wallet:
Click the “Add a credit card or debit card” button and it will bring up a pop-up menu for you to enter your Capital One credit card information:
Link Capital One Rewards Program To Amazon
Link Rewards Account [Amazon]
Now you need to enroll the Capital One rewards to your Amazon Account. As you enroll, select “No” when it asks you if you want to apply your rewards as the default payment for future purchases.
I don’t recommend using your Capital One rewards points at Amazon because it’s not a great redemption value. This specific promotion only requires 1 Capital One point though to get the $10 discount:
Spend $40 Or More On A Single Purchase
Next, simply spend $40 or more and during checkout, use at least one single Capital One rewards point to receive the discount.
Remember, the product you’re buying must be shipped and sold by Amazon. Each product page will provide this info – look for something like this (circled in red):
Still Not Working?
If you’ve already done everything listed and it’s still not working, you can try the following:
- Delete all Capital One cards as a payment option on Amazon
- Add at least one Capital One card back
- Re-enroll the ability to use Capital One rewards
- Try activating the offer again
- If that doesn’t work, try again for a few days
That may do the trick for some people. Sometimes it took me 2 days for the offer to show up and other times it took as long as a week. The offer is targeted though so unfortunately it may not end up working for your account.
Terms & Conditions
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will begin on 10/5/2022 and end on the earlier of (a) 11:59pm PT on 3/31/2022, or (b) the time at which 65,000 customers have redeemed the offer.
- This offer is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Capital One rewards card issued in the United States.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $40 of eligible products on Amazon.com, where Capital One rewards are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout. Most items qualify for Shop with Points, but certain items listed here aren’t available for purchase using Shop with Points.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Capital One rewards eligible card and Amazon.com account.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content or Amazon Gift Cards.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $10.
The Bottom Line
Amazon has offered several Capital One promos in the past. The most recent one was a $20 off $80 promotion. This one is giving you the same 25% discount, but on a smaller scale.