Discover cardholders can get 40% off at Amazon when they use their card with Discover Cashback Bonus. The 40% discount will be applied on the final order checkout page on the items in your cart.
See if you’re targeted for this offer below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information.
Amazon 40% Discount Offer With Discover
Amazon is offering a Prime Day deal that gives you 40% off your purchase when you use at least 1 Discover point.
The max discount for this offer is $40 so if you’re trying to get the most out this deal, you should aim to spend around $100 total. Note that the discount can be applied to multiple purchases until the max discount of $40 is reached.
Like almost all Amazon promotions, this deal is targeted so check to see if you’re eligible via the link below.
How Do I Activate The Offer?
Activate Now [Amazon]
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here.
The link will bring you to the activation screen. The offer WON’T show up until you add a Discover card as a payment option and link your Discover Cashback Bonus point rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
Here’s the process for the discount to apply at checkout if you’re eligible:
- Link your Discover credit card to your Amazon account if you haven’t done so
- Add your Discover Cashback Bonus account to Amazon if you haven’t done so
- Click the offer link above or click here to see if you’re targeted for the offer
- Add eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout and select your Discover card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Discover points you’d like to use for the purchase (use the minimum amount of 1 point)
- Receive a 40% discount that will be automatically applied at checkout – no promo code needed
Adding A Discover Card To Your Amazon Account
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to ‘Your Account‘, then ‘Payment options‘, and then entering your credit card information:
Linking Discover Cashback Bonus To Amazon
Direct Link to Linking [Amazon]
When you are going through this process, be sure to select “no” when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using your Discover Cashback Bonus points at Amazon since the redemption value is not great, but for this specific promotion you only need to use 1 Discover point to get the 40% discount.
What Other Details Do I Need To Know?
The most important one to remember is that the items need to be sold AND shipped by Amazon. How can you tell?
Chances are that the item is shipped by Amazon if it offers Prime Delivery, but it still could be sold by a third-party seller. To check that Amazon is selling and shipping it, check for this statement near the price tag. Here’s an example where you can find it:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need Amazon Prime to do this deal?
No, this deal is possible with any Amazon account.
Why isn’t the deal working for me?
Make sure you’ve followed each step outlined above. If you’re linking your Discover Cashback Bonus account to Amazon for the first time then it can take a few days before you may become “eligible” for the promotion. Wait a few days and try the activate the offer again.
If you’ve done everything mentioned and are still not getting the deal to work, it means your account is not targeted right now.
Will it work if I did a similar deal in the past?
Yes, but sometimes you need to “clear” your account from the past deal. Try removing and re-adding your Discover card as a payment option to see if this will prompt “eligibility”.
If that still doesn’t work, try the link again in a couple of days to see if this works.
These offers can open up over time so you can always check later if it does not work out this time around (it took me 6 days from re-adding my Discover card).
Can I buy gift cards with this offer?
Amazon gift cards are explicitly excluded.
However, Amazon also sells many other third-party gift cards and those should all work! Third-party gift cards sold on Amazon include Netflix, Uber, Starbucks, and Google.
You can see the entire gift card list here.
Terms & Conditions
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 6/22/2021, or (b) the time at which offers worth $1,300,000 have been redeemed. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of eligible products, where Cashback Bonus is used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is activated and applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon.com Services LLC (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon.com Services LLC ” on the product detail page).
- Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order.
- If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $40.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
The Bottom Line
This is one of many deals Amazon is releasing as a teaser to their official Prime Day event.