Get $10 off $30 on your next Amazon order when you use 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point!
Amazon “Chase $15 Off $30” Promo
Amazon and Chase are teaming up again with another promotion that gives Chase cardholders the opportunity to save $10 off an order of $30 or more.
How To Activate The Offer
Activate Offer [Amazon]
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here.
The link will bring you to the activation screen and tell you whether or not you’ve been targeted. The offer WON’T show up until you add a Chase card as a payment option and link your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
Here’s the process for the discount to apply at checkout if you’re eligible:
- Link your Chase credit card to your Amazon account if you haven’t done so
- Add your Chase Ultimate Rewards points account to Amazon if you haven’t done so
- Click the offer link above or click here to see if you’re targeted for the offer
- Add $30 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout and select your Chase card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Chase points you’d like to use for the purchase (use the minimum amount of 1 point)
- Receive a $10 discount off a $30+ order that will be automatically applied at checkout – no promo code needed
How do I add a Chase credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
How do I link my Chase Ultimate Rewards account to Amazon?
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using your Chase points at Amazon since the redemption value is not great, but for this specific promotion you only need to use 1 Chase point to get the $10 discount.
What other details do I need to know?
The most important one to remember is that the items need to be sold AND shipped by Amazon. How can you tell?
Chances are that the item is shipped by Amazon if it offers Prime Delivery, but it still could be sold by a third-party seller. To check that Amazon is selling and shipping it, check for this statement near the price tag. Here’s an example where you can find it:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need Amazon Prime to do this deal?
No, this deal is possible with any Amazon account.
Why isn’t the deal working for me?
Make sure you’ve followed each step outlined above. If you’re linking your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to Amazon for the first time then it can take a few days before you may become “eligible” for the promotion. Wait a few days and try the activate the offer again.
If you’ve done everything mentioned and are still not getting the deal to work, it means your account is not targeted right now.
Will it work if I did a similar deal in the past?
Yes, but sometimes you need to “clear” your account from the past deal. Try removing and re-adding your Chase card as a payment option to see if this will prompt “eligibility”.
If that still doesn’t work, try the link again in a couple of days to see if this works.
These offers can open up over time so you can always check later if it does not work out this time around (it took me 6 days from re-adding my Chase card)
Can I buy gift cards with this offer?
Amazon gift cards are explicitly excluded.
However, Amazon also sells many other third-party gift cards and those should all work! Third-party gift cards sold on Amazon include Netflix, Uber, Starbucks, and Google.
You can see the entire gift card list here.
- Get 30% To 40% Off At Amazon When Using 1 AMEX Point
- Receive $10 Off $50 At Amazon Prime Pantry (First Order Promo)
- Bonus $10 For Reloading Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
What are the Terms and Conditions for this offer?
- The promotion will begin on 11/10/2020 and end on the earlier of (a) 11:59pm PT on 1/31/2021, or (b) the time at which 45,000 customers have redeemed the offer
- Offer is targeted to select Chase cardholders.
- The maximum you could save with this promotion is $10.
The Bottom Line
This Amazon offer for Chase cardholders is really a 33% discount – great if you can find something around the $30 mark to maximize the discount and then place another Amazon order using another promotion.
For example, I like to stock up on Charmin toilet paper (in preparation for the next Armageddon) which is right around that price range. Once I order that, I’ll place a second order with a promotion like the Amazon $50 off $150 with a Discover card.
Some people have trouble finding stuff sold and shipped by Amazon. The easiest way for me is to look for staples items like tissues, paper towels, Tide laundry detergent – those are usually sold by Amazon themselves. Anything with Subscribe & Save are also directly sold by Amazon.