Aspiration, a socially responsible online bank, is offering customers a $100 checking bonus with no deposit requirements!
Ninja Update 9/16/20: Now you can get an extra $56 by going through Swagbucks! See new section below to see how!
Aspiration is an online financial institution based out of California that offers banking and investing products. It was started by two Harvard graduates in 2015 with the goal of making a socially conscious bank. Not only is the company totally legit, it’s different from other banks. Here’s what Aspiration has to say about their company:
- Built On Trust: We always put our customers first. You can be sure because we trust you to Pay What Is Fair – even if it is zero. That means we will always be working our hardest for you.
- Here For Many, Not Just A Few: Big Banks and Wall Street work their hardest for the wealthiest few. At Aspiration, we work to bring the best financial solutions to everyone.
- Make Money & Make A Difference: Aspiration offers socially-conscious and sustainable cash management services and investment products, so you can make money while making the world a better place. And, unlike the Big Banks, we don’t use your deposits to fund oil pipelines or turn your fees into campaign contributions to the politicians that work against you.
- Committed To Giving: Aspiration donates 10% of every dollar our customers choose to pay us to charities helping struggling Americans build a better life. That makes us the financial industry’s leader in giving back.
Go Through Swagbucks For An Extra $56
As of 9/16/20, if you go through Swagbucks, you’ll get an extra $56 on top of the $100 checking bonus!
- Sign up for Swagbucks or log on to your existing account
- Type in “Revenue Universe” in the search bar at the top – you should see it pop Revenue Universe pop up on the screen
- Click on “View Offer”
- On the new window that pops up, the special sign up link that offers 5,600 SB ($56) should show up
- Click the “5,600 SB” to get started
If that offer doesn’t show up for you, there’s still an extra $35 bonus by searching “Aspiration” on Swagbucks:
Aspiration $100 Checking Bonus Offer
Direct Link (use this link if you can’t see the Swagbucks offer)
Aspiration will give you a $100 bonus when you open up their Spend & Save checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open and fund a Spend & Save checking account with $10 or more
- Use your Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 in cumulative transactions within the first 60 days from account opening
Expiration: Valid as of 7/2/2020 (no expiration date)
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: None
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
- $600 Citizens Bank Checking and Savings Bonus
- $400 Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
- $225 Santander Checking Account Bonus
Aspiration is unique in that their Spend & Save checking account works on a “Pay What Is Fair” model. You can pay whatever you want between $0 and $20.
$100 Checking Bonus Terms & Conditions
- Offer is only valid for customers who open a new Aspiration Spend & Save Account.
- Secondary owner joining an already established account as a joint user does not qualify for promotion.
- Customer must complete the following activities: (1) Open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and (2) use your Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 days from account opening. $1,000 transaction minimum refers to net purchases (purchases minus any credits or returns).
- Allow up to 120 calendar days from account opening for the $100 offer credit to post to your Aspiration Spend & Save Account.
- Aspiration Spend & Save Account must be open and in good standing, in the sole determination of Aspiration, through the date of the credit.
The Bottom Line
Aspiration has offered $100 bonuses in the past, but it required a direct deposit. This one requires $1,000 in total debit card transactions which should be easier for most people. Add the fact that there are no fees to worry about while working on the bonus, this is another bank bonus I recommend.