Aspiration is offering customers a $150 checking bonus with no direct deposit requirements!
Simply open this free checking account with the link below, use the Aspiration debit card to make some purchases, and the $150 sign-up bonus is yours.
Full details below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Ninja Update 1/22/22: Bonus increased to $150 from $100. Skip to the application section of this post for the sign-up link.
What is Aspiration?
Aspiration is an online financial institution based out of California that offers banking and investing products.
It was started by two Harvard graduates in 2015 with the goal of making a socially conscious bank.
Not only is the company totally legit, it’s different from other banks. Here’s what Aspiration has to say about their company:
- Built On Trust: We always put our customers first. You can be sure because we trust you to Pay What Is Fair – even if it is zero. That means we will always be working our hardest for you.
- Here For Many, Not Just A Few: Big Banks and Wall Street work their hardest for the wealthiest few. At Aspiration, we work to bring the best financial solutions to everyone.
- Make Money & Make A Difference: Aspiration offers socially-conscious and sustainable cash management services and investment products, so you can make money while making the world a better place. And, unlike the Big Banks, we don’t use your deposits to fund oil pipelines or turn your fees into campaign contributions to the politicians that work against you.
- Committed To Giving: Aspiration donates 10% of every dollar our customers choose to pay us to charities helping struggling Americans build a better life. That makes us the financial industry’s leader in giving back.
Aspiration $150 Checking Bonus Offer
Aspiration will give you a $150 bonus when you open up their Spend & Save checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open and fund a Spend & Save checking account with $10 or more
- Use your Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 in cumulative transactions within the first 60 days from account opening
Aspiration Bonus Offer Details
Expiration: Ongoing and valid (no expiration date)
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: None
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Aspiration is unique in that their Spend & Save checking account works on a “Pay What Is Fair” model. You can pay whatever you want between $0 and $20.
$150 Checking Bonus Terms & Conditions
- Offer is only valid for customers who open a new Aspiration Spend & Save Account.
- Secondary owner joining an already established account as a joint user does not qualify for promotion.
- Customer must complete the following activities:
- (1) Open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and
- (2) use your Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 days from account opening. $1,000 transaction minimum refers to net purchases (purchases minus any credits or returns).
- Allow up to 120 calendar days from account opening for the $150 offer credit to post to your Aspiration Spend & Save Account.
- Aspiration Spend & Save Account must be open and in good standing, in the sole determination of Aspiration, through the date of the credit.
Aspiration Spend & Save Account
The Aspiration Spend & Save account is a free checking account that offers:
- Up to 10% cash back on debit card purchases made at companies that “do the right thing” (Blue Apron, Warby Parker, Toms, etc.)
- Unlimited fee-free ATM withdrawals at AllPoint ATMs
- FDIC-insured deposits of up to $250,000 per account
- No hidden fees (pay what you think is fair or nothing at all)
- Competitive interest rate – currently up to 1.00% APY
- $600 Citizens Bank Checking and Savings Bonus
- $400 Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
- $225 Santander Checking Account Bonus
The Bottom Line
Aspiration has typically offered $100 bonuses in the past, so this increased $150 bonus is the highest offer I’ve seen.
The $150 bonus also requires just $1,000 in total debit card transactions which should be easier for most people compared to a direct deposit requirement.
Additionally, with no fees to worry about, this is definitely a bank bonus I recommend.
Note that there is a $200 bonus in the same links provided, but you need to open the Aspiration Plus account (not the Spend & Save). The Aspiration Plus account comes with a monthly fee of $7.99 (or $5.99 if you pay annually).
I’ll add this to the list of the best bank bonuses.