Aspiration is offering customers a $150 checking bonus with no direct deposit requirements!
Simply open this free checking account with the link below, use the Aspiration debit card to make some purchases, and the $150 sign-up bonus is yours.
For more current bank offers, see our bank bonuses page. The most popular offers are from Chase Bank, SoFi, and Axos Bank.
Ninja Update: Offer has expired. For current bank offers, refer to the links above.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
What is Aspiration?
Aspiration is an online financial institution based out of California that offers banking and investing products. It was started by two Harvard graduates in 2015 with the goal of making a socially conscious bank.
Not only is the company totally legit, it’s different from other banks. Here’s what Aspiration has to say about their company:
- Built On Trust: We always put our customers first. You can be sure because we trust you to Pay What Is Fair – even if it is zero.
- Here For Many, Not Just A Few: Big Banks and Wall Street work their hardest for the wealthiest few. At Aspiration, we work to bring the best financial solutions to everyone.
- Make Money & Make A Difference: Aspiration offers socially-conscious and sustainable cash management services and investment products, so you can make money while making the world a better place.
- Committed To Giving: Aspiration donates 10% of every dollar our customers choose to pay us to charities helping struggling Americans build a better life.
Aspiration $150 Checking Bonus Offer
Aspiration will give you a $150 bonus when you open up their Spend & Save checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open and fund a Spend & Save checking account with $10 or more
- Use your Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 in cumulative transactions within the first 60 days from account opening
Aspiration Bonus Offer Details
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: None
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Aspiration is unique in that their Spend & Save checking account works on a “Pay What Is Fair” model. You can pay whatever you want between $0 and $20.
$150 Checking Bonus Terms & Conditions
- Offer is only valid for customers who open a new Aspiration Spend & Save Account.
- Secondary owner joining an already established account as a joint user does not qualify for promotion.
- Customer must complete the following activities:
- (1) Open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and
- (2) use your Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 days from account opening. $1,000 transaction minimum refers to net purchases (purchases minus any credits or returns).
- Allow up to 120 calendar days from account opening for the $150 offer credit to post to your Aspiration Spend & Save Account.
- Aspiration Spend & Save Account must be open and in good standing, in the sole determination of Aspiration, through the date of the credit.
Aspiration Spend & Save Account
The Aspiration Spend & Save account is a free checking account that offers:
- Up to 10% cash back on debit card purchases made at companies that “do the right thing” (Blue Apron, Warby Parker, Toms, etc.)
- Unlimited fee-free ATM withdrawals at AllPoint ATMs
- FDIC-insured deposits of up to $250,000 per account
- No hidden fees (pay what you think is fair or nothing at all)
- Competitive interest rate – currently up to 1.00% APY
- $600 Citizens Bank Checking and Savings Bonus
- $400 Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
- $225 Santander Checking Account Bonus
The Bottom Line
Aspiration has typically offered $100 bonuses in the past, so this increased $150 bonus is the highest offer I’ve seen.
The $150 bonus also requires just $1,000 in total debit card transactions which should be easier for most people compared to a direct deposit requirement.
Additionally, with no fees to worry about, this is definitely a bank bonus I recommend.
Note that there is a $200 bonus in the same links provided, but you need to open the Aspiration Plus account (not the Spend & Save). The Aspiration Plus account comes with a monthly fee of $7.99 (or $5.99 if you pay annually).
I’ll add this to the list of the best bank bonuses.
8 thoughts on “Aspiration $150 Checking Bonus”
Do the transactions have to be at a physical store, or is it OK if it is an online transaction.
Online transactions are good – they will count for the bonus.
So u have to add money first spend it and then you get the bonus
Correct. You need to transfer money to your account and spend $1,000 with the debit card within the first 60 days. While it’s easy for most people to do, others are just buying Visa/Mastercard gift cards at their local grocery stores to complete the requirements.
The “no direct deposit required” means you don’t have to make a payroll deposit from your employer.
04/30 – Opened account
05/10 – Finished the debit card activity requirement
08/16 – Received $100 bonus
I have the Revenue Universe offer in my Swagbucks account. I just need to click on the SB offer link? No extra sign ups required?
No, just click the link and it will tie the offer to your Swagbucks account.
Get $50 cash and $25 Do Good Dollars to donate when you use this link to open an Aspiration account and use Aspiration debit card to make at least $250 worth of cumulative transactions within 60 days of account funding: