Axos Bank is offering up to a $300 bonus for opening a Rewards Checking account. It’s also one of the few banks that offer competitive rates for saving your money. Full details about this $100 checking bonus below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
$300 WELCOME BONUS
Open an account with this link and enter the promo code RC300 during the sign-up process to get a $300 bonus!
Axos $300 Checking Account Offer
Axos is offering a promo where you can grab up to a $300 welcome bonus while being paid a competitive interest rate:
- Get up to a $300 bonus when you use the promo code RC300 when you apply for an Axos Rewards Checking account.
- Earn up to a 1.25% APY (as of 9/12/22) with interest compounded daily.
Bonus you receive depends on your total qualifying direct deposit(s) within a single calendar month during the first three calendar months your account is open, including the month in which your account was opened:
|$1,000 – $1,999||$50|
|$2,000 – $6,999||$100|
Axos almost never gives a consumer bank account bonus so I’d jump on this before the promo is over. The offer is available nationwide.
How To Earn The $300 Bonus
To receive the $300 bonus, you need to:
- Open a new Axos Rewards Checking account with this link.
- Apply the promo code RC300 during account sign-up.
- Make one or more direct deposits totaling the amount required for a bonus tier within a single calendar month during the first three (3) calendar months of account opening.
The bonus will be deposited into your checking account within 5 business days of your third statement cycle date.
Who Qualifies For The $300 Bonus
Everyone is eligible for one new account-related bonus per calendar year from Axos.
In layman terms, that means you’ll qualify for the bonus if you didn’t get one this year yet. Examples:
- You received your last Axos new account bonus on December 31 of the prior year = you’re eligible for this promotion.
- You received your last Axos new account bonus on April 15 of this year = you’re not eligible for this promotion
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, $1,000 to $7,000 (see what counts as a direct deposit)
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: Must keep the account open for 180 days or an early closure fee of $150 may apply
Axos is a customer-friendly bank so they don’t charge any fees other banks typically do.
- Zero monthly maintenance fees
- Zero overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees
- Zero minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
They do charge a $150 early account termination fee if you close the account within the first 180 days, so leave your account open past that time period.
Axos Offer Terms & Conditions
- A Rewards Checking application that includes the promotional code “RC300” must be submitted by 11:59pm PST on 11/7/2022 to qualify.
- You must have these direct deposit amounts from a third-party source (not from another Axos Bank brand account) within a single calendar month during your first three months your account is open to receive bonus credit.
- Bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within five (5) business days of your third statement cycle date.
- Account must remain open for 180 days or an early closure fee of $150 may apply.
- Bonus may be taxable and reported on IRS Form 1099-MISC. Consult your tax advisor.
Axos Rewards Checking Interest Rate
The Rewards Checking account offers a unique monthly interest rate that’s based on the products or services you use during the month.
|Direct Deposits: $1,500 or more||0.40%|
|Debit Card Spending: 10 transactions (min $3 per transaction)||0.30%|
|Managed Portfolio: Maintain average daily balance of $2,500||0.20%|
|Self Directed Trading: Maintain average daily balance of $2,500||0.20%|
|Loan Payment: Use Rewards Checking to pay an Axos consumer loan||0.15%|
Your balance of up to $50,000 will earn interest based on the combined rate.
The Bottom Line
Personally, I’ll be doing this deal.
The offer was previously a $100 bonus for making direct deposits totaling $1,500. It’s now a tiered bonus structure that’s even better if you can hit the higher deposit requirements.
Axos doesn’t have typical bank fees people have to normally deal with and the interest rate is competitive enough with monthly activities (and it’s compounded daily vs monthly).
While website design is not that high in the priority list for me when looking into these new customer sign-up promotions, I have to give kudos to Axos for making a really modern site. It’s heads and shoulders above designs at national banks.
I’ll include this offer in the list of best bank account opening bonuses.