Get a $250 bonus when you open, fund, and make at least two trades with your Axos Invest Self-Directed Trading account. Full details of this brokerage promotion below.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Axos Invest $250 Bonus Offer
Axos is offering a $250 bonus when you open a new Axos Invest Self-Directed Trading account, deposit at least $2,000, and complete two trades.
How To Earn Bonus:
- Open a new Axos Invest Self-Directed Trading account using this link.
- Deposit a total of at least $2,000 within 60 days of account opening.
- Complete at least two trades of $25 each.
- Receive a $250 bonus deposited into your account within 10 days following the 90-day waiting period.
Bonus Offer Details
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: No
Soft/Hard Inquiry: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Offer Terms & Conditions
- Valid for one new Axos Invest account per person, and only open to U.S. residents.
- Current and former Axos Invest account holders who closed accounts within the past 90 days are not eligible.
- To receive a $250 Bonus: You must open a new account and have qualifying deposit(s) that total at least $2,000.00 within 60 days to qualify for a $200 bonus. Self-Directed Trading accounts will need to additionally make two trades to qualify – each trade requires a $25 minimum.
- Deposit funds must be new to bank from a third-party source (not originated from another Axos Bank brand account) to receive bonus credit.
- New account holders are limited to opening one Managed Portfolios or one Self-Directed Trading account
- Eligible accounts include IRA & Taxable, Joint & Individual – bonus will bed awarded into the account opened.
- Subsequent market fluctuations and/or trading losses do not impact qualification.
Axos Invest Self-Direct Trading Account
Axos’ self-directed trading platform is meant for hands-on investors who don’t need or want someone to manage their portfolio. The basic account has no account, service, or inactivity fees and requires only a $1 minimum balance.
It also offers investors commission-free trades for stocks and ETFs while providing competitive fees for options and mutual funds:
- Stocks: $0 per trade.
- ETFs: $0 per trade
- Options: $0.80-$1 per contract
- Mutual Funds: $9.95 per trade (no-load)
|Self-Directed Trading||Axos Invest||Other Brokers|
|Real-time Deposits||Yes||Up to 50% of funds held for 3 business days.|
|Account/Service/Inactivity Fees||No||Possible charge for holding cash in lieu of your next move.|
|Mutual Funds Transaction Fees||$9.99||Up to $49.99|
|Stock/ETF Trading Fees||$0||As high as $0.0035 per share|
|Margin Rates||~8%||As high as 11.95%|
For complete pricing of Axos Invest, see this fee schedule PDF.
The Bottom Line
This is a good offer and pretty easy-to-do. Getting $250 on a $2,000 deposit is a 12.5% return in 90 days. Since stock and ETF trades are free, you can simply make two $25 trades of an ETF like Vanguard Total Stock Marker Index Fund (ticker: VTI) to complete the trading requirement.
Many readers have already opened an Axos Bank savings account because it’s one of the highest yield savings account available. What I really like about Axos is their platform integration when it comes to banking and investing.
I can access all my Axos accounts under one roof using a single login name and password. It’s convenient to manage my high-yield savings account, rewards checking account, and brokerage account together.
My only gripe is that the brokerage account is a little clunky if you’re using the Axos app. It’s much easier to trade if you log in from a desktop or laptop computer.
The cherry on top of this is the fact that I earned $550 opening these accounts due to their respective sign-up bonuses at the time. You can view the current offers in this Axos Bank promotions page.
I appreciate all the feedback I’ve received requesting more brokerage bonuses. There soon will be a dedicated section to list all the brokerage and investing offers available – much like the bank account bonuses you see today!