BBVA has now made their $200 checking and $50 savings bonus available nationwide! It was previously only available in a few states, but the online link is open to everyone now.
Where do I enroll?
You can enroll directly at BBVA online with the following link:
Ninja Update 07/25/20: Offer has been extended!
- $600 Citizens Bank Checking and Savings Bonus
- $400 Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
- What Counts As A Direct Deposit When It Comes To Bank Sign Up Bonuses
Who qualifies for the bonus?
All new and previous BBVA customers who has not had a BBVA consumer checking account open within the last 12 months are eligible for the bonus.
What are the details?
The $250 bonus is broken up as follows:
- Online Checking Account: Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a BBVA Online Checking account and receive a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more by October 31, 2020
- Online Savings Account: Increase your bonus by $50 ($250 total) by adding a BBVA Online Savings account and have a savings balance of at least $500 on October 31, 2020
If qualifications are met, you will receive your bonus by January 31, 2021.
Ninja Tip: Keep in mind you can only do the savings bonus if you do the checking bonus and they both need to be opened at the same time.
04/30/2020 Extended through 08/10/2020
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: Yes (see what counts as a direct deposit)
Credit Card Funding: $500; Visa only (you can fund the savings account for another $500)
Hard/Soft Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: Must keep the account open for 12 months or you will forfeit the bonus
You can either apply directly online or come into the nearest branch with the promotion voucher printed out:
Both the BBVA Online Checking account and the BBVA Online Savings account have no monthly fees.
There is a $3 a month paper statement fee, but you can easily turn that off and opt for online statements.
Terms & Conditions
- Eligible accounts include BBVA Online Checking and BBVA Easy Checking (Easy Checking available in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, NM, and TX only). Account must be opened online by clicking either the “Open Checking Now” or “Open Bundle Now” button above.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. The following deposits are not qualifying direct deposits: interest payments or transfers from your investment accounts; payments received from payment apps such as PayPal, Venmo and other similar payment service providers; tax refunds or other one time payments from the government. You must be a new BBVA consumer checking customer who has not had a BBVA consumer checking account open within the last 12 months or closed due to negative balance to be eligible for the bonus. The promo code SB2020 must be applied at account opening.
- How to Qualify for the Additional $50 Savings Bonus: You must meet stipulations for the $200 Checking Bonus to be eligible for the $50 Savings Bonus. The Online Savings account must be opened at the same time as the checking account through this landing page using the “Open Both Now Button”.
- The BBVA Online savings account holder must be an account holder on the new BBVA consumer checking account. You must be a new BBVA savings customer who has not had a BBVA consumer savings account in the past 12 months or closed due to negative balance.
- The cash bonus(es) will be deposited into the new checking account within 90 days of meeting the bonus requirements described above. Accounts must be open and in good standing with a balance greater than or equal to $0.00 at the time of payment in order to receive the new account bonus(es). We reserve the right to deduct the bonus amount if the account is closed within 12 months of opening. BBVA Employees are eligible for each bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Bottom Line
Great bonus from BBVA. This should be appeal to a lot of people with the required deposit being only $500 for each account.
Previous BBVA bonuses required customers to be in very specific states (TX, AZ, CA, CO, AL, FL, NM) and allowed only one person in your household to take advantage of it. Now that it’s open nationwide and for multiple people at the same address, everyone should jump on this deal!