BBVA has now made their $200 checking and $50 savings bonus available nationwide! It was previously only available in a few states, but the online link is open to everyone now.
Where do I enroll?
You can enroll directly at BBVA online with the following link:
- $600 Citizens Bank Checking and Savings Bonus
- $400 Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
- What Counts As A Direct Deposit When It Comes To Bank Sign Up Bonuses
Who qualifies for the bonus?
All new and previous BBVA customers who has not had a BBVA consumer checking account open within the last 12 months are eligible for the bonus.
What are the details?
The $250 bonus is broken up as follows:
- Online Checking Account: Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a BBVA Online Checking account and receive a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more by April 30, 2020
- Online Savings Account: Increase your bonus by $50 ($250 total) by adding a BBVA Online Savings account and have a savings balance of at least $500 on April 30, 2020
Ninja Tip: Keep in mind you can only do the savings bonus if you do the checking bonus and they both need to be opened at the same time.
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: Yes (see what counts as a direct deposit)
Credit Card Funding: $500; Visa only (you can fund the savings account for another $500)
Hard/Soft Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: Must keep the account open for 12 months or you will forfeit the bonus
You can either apply directly online or come into the nearest branch with the promotion voucher printed out:
Both the BBVA Online Checking account and the BBVA Online Savings account have no monthly fees.
There is a $3 a month paper statement fee, but you can easily turn that off and opt for online statements.
The Bottom Line
Great bonus from BBVA. This should be appeal to a lot of people with the required deposit being only $500 for each account.
Previous BBVA bonuses required customers to be in very specific states (TX, AZ, CA, CO, AL, FL, NM) and allowed only one person in your household to take advantage of it. Now that it’s open nationwide and for multiple people at the same address, everyone should jump on this deal!