T-Mobile is continuing to aggressively steal customers away from other phone carriers by launching another irresistible promotion. Check out what’s in store with their latest BYOD deal!
T-Mobile Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) $250 Promotion
New T-Mobile Customers
This promotion is aimed specifically for mobile customers of AT&T, Verizon, U.S. Cellular, Spectrum, Claro or Xfinity by offering them a $250 incentive with no strings (almost) attached.
Like all Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) deals, it requires both a number port-in and a new service line activation.
Any plan qualifies for the rebate with the exception of Select Choice, Value Essentials Voice: Postpaid, Value Essentials Voice: Business, and postpaid.
That’s really it.
Existing T-Mobile Customers Can Also Participate
That’s right, even if you’re already an existing customer (with at least 2 active voice lines) and can somehow port over a number from a competitor, you’ll also get the $250 rebate.
If you don’t have a number to port, there are a bunch of eBay sellers that can give you a number to port over.
How To Get $250 Rebate
- Contact T-Mobile through their customer service number at 1-800-937-8997 to activate a new line of service starting on September 18, 2020.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and port a number to T-Mobile from ATT, Verizon, Claro, US Cellular, Spectrum Mobile, or Xfinity Mobile to the new line of service. MVNOs are excluded. Any other carrier besides the ones mentioned are also excluded.
- Submit a rebate online at T-Mobile’s Redemption Center with promo code 2020BYOD1.
Promotion information is found here. Look at the bottom for current rebate promotions. This one is listed as “2020 BYOD P1”:
Terms & Conditions
- Limited-time offer; subject to change.
- Qualifying credit, device, service, and port-in from AT&T, Verizon, US Cellular, Spectrum, Claro or Xfinity required.
- Complete port-in and register code within 30 days of activation.
- If you have cancelled voice lines in past 90 days, reactivate them first.
- Get $250 via Virtual Express Prepaid Mastercard® Card, which you can use online, or in-store via accepted mobile payment apps; no cash access & expires in 6 months.
- Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated.
- Must be active and in good standing when card is processed.
- Allow 6-8 weeks from fulfillment of offer requirements.
- Max 4/account.
- May not be combined with some offers or discounts (e.g., Carrier Freedom).
The Bottom Line
There’s no end date for this promotion, but I would do it sooner than later.
You can also stack this with T-Mobile’s free line of service offer making this an extremely hot deal.
1 thought on “Bring Your Own Device To T-Mobile & Get $250”
I added a line during the free line promotion, bought an AT&T number on eBay, and was able to port the line once my SIM showed as being shipped.
I just submitted the rebate and it went through, so I guess we’ll see. Worse comes to worse, I add the SIM card to my unused phone and submit again. It didn’t ask for my BYOD information during the rebate submission.