Get a $100 bonus when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account. If you’re a college student looking for new checking account, grab this welcome offer at the same time!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Chase College Checking $100 Bonus Offer
Chase is offering a $100 bonus when you open a new Chase College Checking account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of opening your account.
Qualifying transactions include:
- debit card purchases
- online bill payments
- Chase QuickDepositSM
- ACH credits
The Chase College Checking account is one of the best checking accounts for college students available.
Where Do I Enroll?
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to transfer to the offer’s landing page where you can either open an account online or enter your email address for a coupon to be redeemed at a local Chase branch.
Students ages 18-24 can open an account online or at a Chase branch. 17-year-olds must open at a Chase branch.
Who Qualifies For The Offer?
College students must be 17-24 years old to open a Chase College Checking account and must provide a valid student ID or proof of enrollment/acceptance, collect name, and expected graduation date t account opening.
The $100 bonus is available to college students that haven’t received a new checking account opening related bonus in the last two years from the last coupon enrollment date.
The bonus is not available to existing Chase checking customers, those whose accounts have been closed within the last 90 days, or those with accounts that have closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
What Are The Details?
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: No
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: Must keep the account open for 6 months or you will forfeit the bonus
There is no monthly service fee from the time of account opening until after the student’s expected graduation date (up to five years).
The monthly service fee after expected graduation date is $6, but it can be waived to $0 when you do one of the following each statement period:
- Have an electronic deposit made into this account, such as payments from payroll providers or government benefit providers, by using the:
- ACH network
- Real Time Payment network
- Third party services that facilitate payments to your debit card using the Visa® or Mastercard® network; OR
- Keep an average ending day balance of $5,000 or more in this checking account.
For additional banking services and their associated fees, see this PDF for more information.
Chase College Checking Account Overview
The Chase College Checking account features:
- No minimum balance to open
- Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
- No Monthly Service Fee for up to 5 years if you’re a student between the ages of 17-24 at account opening with proof of student status
- Use the Chase Mobile® app to secure deposit checks with a snap of a photo
- Send and receive money in moments using Zelle®
The Bottom Line
Good offer for college students. It should be pretty easy to complete 10 qualifying transactions in a 60-day period.
When I was in college, all we got for opening a bank account or credit card was a free t-shirt. Times have changed for the better.