Chase is offering a $100 bonus for opening a college checking account. If you’re a college student looking for new bank account, grab free money at the same time!
Chase College Checking Account
The Chase College Checking account is one of the best checking accounts for college students available.
For college students 17 to 24 years old with proof of student status, this account has $0 monthly fees for up to 5 years while you’re in college.
Chase College Checking $100 Offer
Chase is offering a $100 bonus when you open a new Chase College Checking account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of opening your account.
Qualifying transactions include:
- debit card purchases
- online bill payments
- checks paid
- Chase QuickDeposit
- Chase QuickPay with Zelle
- direct deposits
Who Qualifies For The Offer?
The $100 bonus is available to college students between the ages of 17 and 24 years old that hasn’t received a new Chase checking account opening related bonus in the last 2 years.
Additionally, the bonus is not available to existing Chase checking customers or those whose accounts have been closed within the last 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
Where Do I Enroll?
Ninja Update 4/24/21: The $100 bonus has expired, but there’s a $225 offer available now.
You can enroll with the direct link above. It will bring you to the offer’s landing page where you can either open an account online or enter your email address for a coupon to be redeemed at a local Chase branch.
What Are The Details?
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: No
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: Must keep the account open for 6 months or you will forfeit the bonus
The Chase College Checking account has a monthly fee of $6 that’s waived if you’re a college student between the ages of 17 and 24 at account opening. It can also be waived when you have any one of the following each statement period:
- Electronic deposits made into this account, such as payments from payroll providers or government benefit providers, by using the:
- ACH network
- Real Time Payment network
- Third party services that facilitate payments to your debit card using the Visa or Mastercard network; OR
- Have an average ending day balance of $5,000 or more in this account; OR
- Have a Chase Savings account linked to this account for Overdraft Protection
For additional banking services and their associated fees, see this PDF for more information.
Terms & Conditions
Bonus/Account Information: Offer valid until 01/18/2021.
Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and its affiliates are not eligible for this offer. To receive the bonus:
- Open a new Chase College Checking account, which is subject to approval; AND
- Complete at least 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. After you have completed all the above requirements and the 10 qualifying transactions have posted to your account, we’ll deposit the bonus into your new account within 10 business days. Qualifying transactions include: debit card purchases, online bill payments, checks paid, Chase QuickDeposit, Chase QuickPay with Zelle, or direct deposits. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. You can receive only one new checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account. Coupon is good for one-time use. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
The Bottom Line
Good offer for college students. It should be pretty easy to complete 10 qualifying transactions in a 60-day period.
When I was in college, all we got for opening a bank account or credit card was a free t-shirt. Times have changed for the better.
I’m not up-to-date on bank accounts for students. Are there any other good bonuses available for high school or college ninjas?