Chase Bank is offering up to a $900 bonus when you open a checking and savings account together and complete all qualifying activities.
This will most likely be the bank bonus deal of the year so take a look and see if you’re eligible for it. The offer requirements are reasonable considering the size of the bonus.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Chase Bank $900 Bonus Offer
Get a bonus of up to $900 when you open a new Chase checking account and savings account at the same time and complete the offer requirements.
Alternatively, you can earn $300 for opening the checking account or $200 for opening the savings account separately, but I highly recommend doing both for the huge $900 bonus (an extra $400).
How To Get Bonus:
- Open a Chase Total Checking account and Chase Savings account using this link.
- Chase Total Checking: Get a $300 bonus when you set up a direct deposit of any amount.
- Chase Savings: Get a $200 bonus when you deposit a total of $15,000 or more within 30 days of coupon enrollment and maintain the balance for 90 days.
- Chase Total Checking + Chase Savings: Get an extra $400 bonus ($900 in total bonuses) when you open both at the same time and complete all qualifying activities.
The best and most convenient way to open the accounts is online where the coupon code will automatically apply. If you live near a Chase branch and prefer to do it in person, you can enter your email address and the coupon will be sent to you.
Bonus Offer Details
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: No
Soft/Hard Inquiry: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: Must keep the account open for 6 months or you may forfeit the bonus
Bonus Terms & Conditions
Please read this carefully, especially the first two bullet points that explain who is and isn’t eligible for this offer:
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are not available to those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
- You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account. Coupon is good for one-time use.
- To receive the checking bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Total Checking account, which is subject to approval; AND 2) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of coupon enrollment. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After you have completed all the above checking requirements, Chase will deposit the bonus in your new account within 15 days.
- To receive the savings bonus: 1) Open a new Chase SavingsSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 30 days of coupon enrollment; AND 3) Maintain at least a $15,000 balance for 90 days from the coupon enrollment. The new money cannot be funds held by you at Chase or its affiliates. After you have completed all the above savings requirements, Chase will deposit the bonus in your new account within 15 days.
- To receive the extra bonus: You must open the checking and savings account at the same time and complete all requirements above for BOTH the checking bonus and savings bonus. After you have completed all requirements, Chase will deposit the remaining bonus due in your new account within 15 days.
- To receive any of the above bonuses, the enrolled account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout. Eligibility may be limited based on account ownership.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
Avoiding Account Fees
Chase Total Checking®
The monthly service fee of $12 is waived if one of the following happens each monthly statement period:
- Make electronic deposits into this account totaling $500 or more OR
- Maintain a balance at the beginning of each day of $1,500 or more in this account OR
- Maintain an average beginning day balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances
The monthly service fee of $5 is waived if one of the following happens each monthly statement period:
- Maintain a balance at the beginning of each day of $300 or more in this account OR
- Make $25 or more in total Autosave or other repeating automatic transfers from your personal Chase checking account (available only through chase.com or Chase Mobile) OR
- Have a Chase College Checking account linked to this account for Overdraft Protection OR
- Be an account owner who is younger than 18 OR
- Have a Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Sapphire Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account linked to this account
For complete pricing, see this Fee Schedule PDF.
The Bottom Line
This deal can be summed up in one word:
This is currently the best Chase consumer banking bonus and historically the biggest bonus Chase has ever offered to open a checking and savings account. The standard bonus is $200 for opening just a checking account and we’ll occasionally see a $600 checking and savings combo bonus, but never a $900 one (at least not a public offer).
Unfortunately, many of us (myself included) have already opened a bank account with Chase in the past two years for other bonus offers. Per the terms and conditions, you’re not eligible for another consumer banking bonus for two years starting on the date of your previous coupon enrollment.
However, you can still do other Chase Bank promotions as long as it’s a non-consumer bank account offer, like this $300 business checking account bonus. You don’t need a registered business. If you sell on eBay, drive for Uber, or have a side hustle, you have a business.
If you’re one of the few that’s eligible for this offer, don’t walk to this deal, run to it with two arms flailing about.
Editor’s Note: We’re not compensated for this article and any links contained within are not monetized.