A Chipotle class action settlement has been announced that gives all Chiptole customers $2 for every meal they’ve ordered. Here’s how to file a claim and the details you need to know.
What are the details of the settlement?
Chipotle has agreed to pay $6.5 million to resolve allegations that they misleadingly marketed their products as “non-GMO.”
The settlement deal benefits consumers who purchased food or beverages containing meat and/or dairy ingredients from Chipotle between April 27, 2015 and June 30, 2016.
Plaintiffs filed their Chipotle class action lawsuit in April 2016, taking issue with the company’s “G-M-Over It” campaign. In this marketing, the restaurant allegedly claimed to be the only fast food chain in the country to offer exclusively GMO-free items. According to the six plaintiffs, these representations were false and misleading.
Am I eligible to make a claim?
Anyone who purchased food or beverages containing meat and/or dairy ingredients from Chipotle between April 27, 2015 and June 30, 2016 are eligible to make a claim.
How do I file a claim?
You can file a claim with the link above and have until May 30 to file.
How much will they pay me?
You’ll get $2 for every meal you’ve ordered from Chipotle:
- If you don’t have proof of purchase, you can claim a maximum of 5 meals for a total of $10
- If you do have proof of purchase, you can claim a maximum of 10 meals for a total of $20
- Each household is able to claim up to 15 meals total, for a maximum payment of $30.
Most of us don’t keep our receipts as proof of purchase, although you can dig around for your credit card statements online as proof. The money isn’t big enough to bother.
However, each person in your house can claim 5 meals without proof of purchase.
Here are the milestone dates for you to be aware of:
- May 30, 2020 – last day to file a claim
- July 30, 2020 – final hearing before payment is processed to claimants
- Auto Purchase & Auto Parts Class Action Settlement: $100 Per Person
- Yahoo Class Action Settlement: $100 to $358 Per Person
- Google Pixel Class Action Settlement: $100 Per Person
The Bottom Line
This Chipotle class action settlement has the fastest claims process I’ve ever done. I submitted the claim in less than 1 minute!
My wife and I eat there probably once every month, so I’m going to claim the maximum 5 meals and have my wife claim another 5.
I have online credit card statements and can probably do a search for it, but I’m not sure it’s worth spending that time for another $10. I’ll take the $20 for an easy claims submission!