First National Bank is offering a $600 bonus for opening up a checking account. With just two easy requirements, this is a bank sign up bonus offer you’d want to take part in.
Ninja Update: Offer has expired. For current First National Bank offers, see our First National Bank promotions page.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
First National Bank $600 Checking Bonus Overview
First National Bank (FNB) is a regional bank with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It has been around since 1864 (not a typo) and today has over $38 billion in assets.
Currently, they have a bank promotion that will give new customers up to $600 for opening a checking account and completing the following within the first 90 days of account opening:
- Earn $400 for making direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more
- Earn $200 for initiating 15 or more debit transactions
Where Do I Enroll?
You can enroll directly at the promotion page First National Bank has set up for this $600 bonus offer with the link above.
Click on the blue ‘Learn More >‘ box, select which checking product you want to open, and be sure to apply the $600 new customer bonus to your shopping bag.
You should see the text “Promotion Applied!” in your bag if you did it right.
Who Qualifies For The Bonus?
The First National Bank checking account bonus is a public offer that is open to everyone who satisfies these two conditions:
- You don’t have or haven’t had a First National Bank checking account in the current calendar year.
- You’re not an FNB employee or a member of an FNB employee household.
- You must reside in one of the following areas:
- Washington, D.C.
- Maryland (MD)
- North Carolina (NC)
- Ohio (OH)
- Pennsylvania (PA)
- South Carolina (SC)
- West Virginia (WV)
What Are The Details?
Availability: DC, MD, NC, OH, PA, SC, WV
Household Limit: 1
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, $2,500 within 90 days (see what counts as a direct deposit)
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: $50 if closed within 180 days of account opening
You’ll get the First National Bank $600 checking bonus once you do the following:
- Receive direct deposits totaling at least $2,500 within the first 90 days after account opening to earn a $400 bonus
- Initiating 15 debit transactions within the the first 90 days after account opening to earn a $200 bonus
The bonus will be deposited into your checking account within 15 days following the 90 days after account opening.
First National Bank Checking Accounts
There are 4 different eligible checking accounts that you can open; Freestyle Checking, Lifestyle Checking, Mystyle Checking, and Premierstyle Checking.
The easiest way to keep avoid fees is to open the Freestyle Checking account. It’s their basic checking account with no fees as long as you turn on eStatements:
The rest of the checking accounts have a monthly fee between $8.95 and $25, but the fee is waived if you do maintain the following account balances:
- No monthly fee with eStatements enabled
The $8.95 monthly fee is waived if you:
- Have a monthly average balance of $500 or more
The $10 monthly fee is waived if you:
- Have a monthly average balance of $1,000 or more
The $25 monthly fee is waived if you:
- Have a monthly average balance of $7,500 or more
Terms and Conditions
- Offer does not apply to multiple checking accounts.
- Existing FNB checking accounts or accounts converting to another personal checking account are NOT eligible for this offer.
- You can receive only one new checking account reward related offer per household per calendar year; bank employees and members of their household are not eligible for this promotion.
- FNB may offer multiple promotions to its customers at one time.
- Even if you met the requirements for multiple promotional offers you are only eligible for and will receive one promotional reward offer.
- Checking accounts closed by customer within 180 days of opening are subject to a $50 account early closing fee.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Bottom Line
This is a great bonus if you live in one of areas they service.
The $600 bonus matches the highest bonuses that big banks like Chase and Citizens Bank usually offers.