Ford Motor Company is offering a free oil change for all essential and front-line workers. This applies to everyone, not just Ford owners. This is “The Works” package which includes a synthetic oil change, tire rotation, and vehicle checkup at no cost!
Ford Free Oil Change Offer
If you’re an essential or front-line employee, Ford is giving you their “The Works” package, which includes 6 quarts of synthetic oil, a tire rotation, and a vehicle checkup. All you have to do is register for the free offer by June 30.
You don’t have to own a Ford vehicle. This is open to anyone that has an eligible essential or front-line job, which includes a lot of job categories (see below):
Eligible Job Categories
Including patient care, public health, medical equipment and supplies workers; hospital and lab employees; and researchers, caregivers and therapists.
Police officers, firefighters, paramedics, EMTs and employees/team members of the systems that support them.
Food and Agriculture
Employees at grocery and convenience stores, restaurants, and food processing and warehouses, as well as food service and food manufacturing workers and farmers.
Those in the maintenance and distribution of electricity, petroleum, and natural or propane gas.
Water and Sanitation
All employees needed to manage and maintain drinking water as well as drainage infrastructure.
Transportation and Logistics
Those supporting transportation, including dispatchers, drivers, and maintenance and repair technicians. Also includes postal and delivery workers.
All who support the operation and maintenance of essential public works facilities (roads, bridges, traffic signals and systems infrastructure).
All employees responsible for producing materials and products required for medical supply chains and transportation.
Those involved in the installation, distribution and maintenance of communication infrastructures, and IT employees who operate and support command centers.
Critical government workers, as defined by the employer, including elections personnel, building employees, security employees, trade officials, weather forecasters, customs workers and educators.
All employees needed to administer and maintain systems for processing financial transactions and services at banking and lending institutions.
Employees at nuclear facilities who manage medical waste and waste from pharmaceuticals, laboratories processing test kits, and medical material production. Also, those responsible for the cleanup of waste and the maintenance of digital systems infrastructure supporting hazardous materials management operations.
Those who support, manage and maintain the essential services required to meet national security commitments to the federal government and the U.S. military.
All employees who support chemical and industrial gas supply chains at manufacturing plants, labs and distribution facilities producing hand sanitizers, food/food additives, pharmaceuticals and paper products.
How To Redeem Offer
This offer is courtesy of Ford through their FordPass Rewards program. You need to be a member of FordPass Rewards, which is free to join. Once you do, you can get the service done at participating dealerships and Quick Lane Tire & Auto locations.
Here’s how to claim the free oil change:
- Verify that your job falls under one of the job categories above
- Schedule an appointment for a complementary “The Works” service by June 30
- Bring proof of your eligible employment (name tag, business ID card, pay stub, or other identifying information)
If you’re not ready to do it by June 30, you can still claim the deal by that day and redeem it later by following these steps:
- Scan proof of your eligible employment
- Attach the proof to an email and send it to FPR@ford.com (write “ESSENTIAL WORKER” in the subject line and include your name, email address connected to your FordPass Rewards account, and zip code)
- Ford will verify your claim and send you enough points to your FordPass Rewards to cover the cost of the service
- AT&T Wireless: 25% Discount For Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, First Responders, Military
- Coronavirus $1,200 Relief Checks Being Sent – Check Your Status
- Lowering Your Car Insurance Premium Due To Coronavirus
Terms & Conditions
- Up to six quarts of Motorcraft® oil and Motorcraft oil filter
- Must be enrolled in FordPass Rewards. Member must complete The Works or claim offer through a participating dealership or the Rewards Center by 6/30/2020.
- Offer is exclusively for members employed as essential workers.
- Contact the Rewards Center or your dealer to determine eligibility.
- Proof of employment must be provided when claiming offer.
- Offer is nontransferable and may only be used once. 11,000 (gas) and 20,000 (diesel) FordPass Rewards Points will be deposited into member account to cover the cost of The Works.
- Ford Motor Company reserves the right to modify the terms of this offer at any time.
- For additional program information, please visit FordPassRewards.com or contact the Rewards Center at 833-385-0516. See a participating U.S. dealership for details.
The Bottom Line
Hot deal if you’re an essential or front-line employee. Mazda has the same deal, but it’s limited to a smaller population (Healthcare workers). I’m guessing this will be extremely popular so I recommend making a reservation as soon as you can.
This is well-deserved for all those workers out there taking on an increased risk. Thank you for everything you do to keep us safe 🙂