Amazon customers can get 20% off of their next order when they use just one American Express Membership Rewards point. It works on gift cards too! See if you’re targeted for this offer below!
How do I check if I’m targeted?
Direct Link [Amazon]
The link will bring you to the activation screen. The offer WON’T show up until you add an American Express card as a payment option and link your AMEX rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
There’s actually two slightly different offers people are getting:
- Get $20 off with a minimum purchase of $100 with 1 AMEX point
- Get 20% off (maximum discount of $50) with 1 AMEX point
Although both receive the 20% discount, the second offer is better since it will give you 20% off up to $250 in purchases (to reach the maximum discount of $50). The first offer you’re capped at $100 in spend. Both offers are still great regardless.
How do I add an American Express credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
Direct Link to Linking [Amazon]
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I would never recommend using AMEX MR points at Amazon since the redemption value is poor, but here you only have to use 1 AMEX point to get the 20% discount.
What other details do I need to know?
There’s two offers and they both have slightly different terms. Nothing surprising, but you can see it on the main landing page. Here’s the general terms:
- This is a limited offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 12/02/2019, or (b) the time at which offers worth $5,000,000 have been redeemed.
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
The Bottom Line
I’ve written in the past on similar Amazon deals. If you’re not targeted for this one, try these:
- Get $30 Off $60 Your Amazon Purchase With 1 AMEX Point
- Free $10 When You Reload Your Amazon Balance
- Try Amazon Photos And Get $15 Free
I plan on creating a post for Amazon’s Black Friday sale, so stay tuned!