Amazon customers can get 20% off of their next order when they use just one American Express Membership Rewards point. It works on gift cards too! See if you’re targeted for this offer below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
How do I check if I’m targeted?
The link will bring you to the activation screen. The offer won’t show up until you add an American Express card as a payment option and link your AMEX rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here.
If you are linking your AMEX Membership Rewards account to Amazon for the first time then it can take a few days before you may become “eligible” for the promotion.
You can also try removing and re-adding your AMEX as a payment option to see if this will prompt “eligibility”.
Try the link again in a couple of days to see if this works.
These offers can open up over time so you can always check later if it does not work out this time around.
How do I add an American Express credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
Direct Link to Linking [Amazon]
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using AMEX MR points at Amazon since the redemption value is poor, but here you only have to use 1 AMEX point to get the 20% discount.
What other details do I need to know?
Here’s the general terms:
- The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 12/31/2023, or (b) the time at which 70,000 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
The Bottom Line
The offer page will only display if you’re targeted for the offer. Some readers have been getting other versions of the promotion like:
- Get 15% off your order when you spend 714 Membership Rewards points (maximum discount of $15)
Getting 20% off at Amazon is a nice deal. The last time this American Express promo popped up was around April so it’s nice to see it come back again.
Remember to use the minimum amount of Amex points required for the promotion as using Amex points on Amazon is usually not a good value.