Google Pay is offering 10% cash back on Lyft rides! Like other Google Pay deals, this is a limited-time offer that requires activation before purchase. Take advantage of this deal to get 10% off on your next couple of rides with Lyft!
Ninja Update 5/14/21: Offer expiration has been extended to June 6 and some people are seeing a 30% offer instead of 10%.
Google Pay Overview
Google relaunched Google Pay (GPay) in December 2020 after announcing major new features.
The biggest update is a Venmo-like ability to pay people, groups, and businesses. You can also split payment for things like dinner or rent – and even use Google Pay to order food or buy gas, all from within the app.
Not a Google Pay user yet? Swing by the Google Pay referral post and hop on the free money train!
Lyft 10% Cash Back Offer
Google Pay is offering 10% cash back on Lyft rides!
You only need to use the Google Pay app to activate the offer. Once you do, simply use any of your enrolled credit card or debit card when you use Lyft and you’ll get 10% back, up to a maximum of $10 cash.
You’re allowed to participate in this offer twice.
Ninja Note: Interested in more Google Pay deals? Search this site for other available Google Pay deals.
How To Get Offer
Launch the Google Pay app and click the ‘Explore‘ icon on the bottom left-hand corner:
Scroll down the list of Google Pay offers until you find the Lyft cashback deal. Click the ‘+‘ symbol next to the offer to add it to your account:
Terms & Conditions
- Offer expires June 6, 2021.
- Earn 10% cashback when you activate this offer and take a Lyft ride with your enrolled card. Maximum $10 cashback.
- You can earn a total of 2 rewards with this offer.
- An activated offer will automatically expire 45 days after activation if not used, or on the offer expiry date, whichever is sooner.
- Valid for any type of Lyft ride; includes bikes and scooters.
- You do not have to use Google Pay to pay.
- If you’re using a debit card, pay with signature, not PIN.
- You must be opted into Google Pay rewards and have at least one eligible payment card enrolled in the program.
- Any cashback you earn will be added to your money in Google Pay.
The Bottom Line
It’s nice you can do this deal two times.
I recommend saving it for the more expensive Lyft rides to get as much of the $10 maximum as you possibly can, although it’d be hard to reach $10 considering you need to spend $100 per ride in order to do so.
For the more “adventurous” ninjas, this deal also works with Lyft when you use it towards bikes and scooters.