Amazon customers can get $30 off $60 when they use American Express and pay with points. You can use just 1 point and it still gets the full $30 discount. It works on gift cards too! Check to see if you’re targeted below.
How do I check if I’m targeted?
Direct Link [Amazon]
The link will bring you to the activation screen. The offer WON’T show up until you add an American Express card as a payment option and link your AMEX rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections where I’ll show you how.
- Get 20% Off At Amazon Using Just 1 AMEX Point
- Get 20% Off At Amazon Using Just 1 Discover Point
- Receive $10 Off $50 At Amazon Prime Pantry (First Order Promo)
- Bonus $10 For Reloading Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
- Get $10 Amazon Credit For Trying Amazon Photos
- Spend $100+ With Amazon Assistant And Get $10 Off
How do I add an American Express credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
Direct Link to Linking [Amazon]
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points for future purchases. I would never recommend using AMEX MR points at Amazon since the redemption value is too low, but here you only have to use 1 AMEX point to get the $30 discount. Getting 50% off for using a point is superb!
What other details do I need to know?
- Add $60 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart (gift card works too)
- Proceed to checkout and select your American Express Membership Rewards card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Membership Rewards Points you’d like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least $.01 of the purchase)
- The $30 discount off $60 will be automatically applied at checkout (no promo code needed)
The Bottom Line
These types of deals are excellent especially when you consider you can basically get anything on Amazon at competitive prices already. Amazon regularly has discounts and coupons for people to use, but they don’t promote it to the general public. Stay tuned for additional ways to save on Amazon!