A Kotex tampons class action settlement has been agreed upon for $7 million dollars, giving each person up to $30 (or more with proof).
Kotex Tampon Class Action Settlement
The Settlement will provide up to $7,000,000 to pay claims for those who purchased one or more boxes of U by Kotex® tampon products.
Allegations were made that some types of Kotex tampons were defective – that they unraveled and come apart. The Kotex tampons product lines that were included in case are:
- U by Kotex Sleek Tampons
- U by Kotex Fitness Tampons
- U by Kotex Click Tampons
- U by Kotex Security Tampons in Regular, Super, or Super-Plus Absorbency
Kotex denies any wrongdoing or unlawful conduct and asserts that the products at issue were safe to use and were manufactured consistent with the law. The Court has not decided who is right. Both sides have agreed to settle the dispute and give benefits to Class Members.
How do I file a claim?
You have until August 18, 2020 to file a claim.
Am I eligible?
If you bought one of the above-mentioned U by Kotex-brand tampons between March 8, 2013 and November 19, 2019, you are eligible to receive a cash payment from a class action settlement.
How much will they pay me?
The Settlement will provide up to $7,000,000 to pay claims for those who purchased one or more boxes of U by Kotex tampon products:
Without Proof of Purchase
- Get up to $6 per box purchased, and up to $30 total
With Proof of Purchase
- Get full retail cost above $30 with Proof of Purchase
Here is the part of the settlement where I got the breakout from:
Important Dates in Kotex Tampons Class Action Settlement
The dates below are important to know in the Kotex tampons class action settlement:
- March 8, 2013 to November 19, 2019 – dates when your purchase makes you eligible
- August 18, 2020 – final day to submit a claim
- Auto Purchase & Auto Parts Class Action Settlement: $100 Per Person
- Equifax Class Action Settlement: $125 to $375 Per Person
- Yahoo Class Action Settlement: $100 to $358 Per Person
The Bottom Line
Kotex is one of the most popular tampon brands out there so a lot of women will be eligible to get free money from this. Guys are too if they’ve bought these for their significant other in the past.
This is an easy $30 because it doesn’t require receipts. You could get more if you have them, but who keeps tampon receipts? 🙂
Please don’t file if you never bought Kotex tampons. Even though you’re highly unlikely to get caught, it’s illegal to submit false claims. There are plenty of other class action settlements that you’ll be eligible for in the future.