Market Basket is offering 20% off select gift cards for Black Friday! This is an excellent opportunity to get a big discount on some of your favorite brands.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About Market Basket
Market Basket is a chain of 84 supermarkets in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine. It also operates under the name DeMoulas, the last name of the founding father, Athanasios Demoulas.
The grocery chain was made famous when an decades-long feud came to a critical juncture between his two sons. The story was top news in the media for weeks and ended when one brother bought out the other for $1.5 billion.
Ninja Note: My first job was bagging groceries at Market Basket back in 1996. I made a whopping $5.25 an hour – big money for a 16-year old!
Market Basket 20% Off Gift Cards Offer
Market Basket is holding a one-day Black Friday sale offering 20% off select gift cards!
The following cards will receive a 20% discount on November 25, 2022:
- Bath & Body Works
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Food & Laughs
- OLD NAVY
- Panera Bread
- Phantom Gourmet
Terms & Conditions
- Offer valid November 25, 2022 only
- Limit 2 per brand, no substitutions
- Limit of $500 in combined purchases on participating gift cards per customer, per transaction, per day
Creative Ideas For Gift Cards
- Citi Shop Your Way Card = Combine this card’s 10% cash back on supermarkets with the Market Basket Black Friday sale for a total savings of 30%
- Uber = if you don’t use ridesharing apps that much because of Covid-19, Uber gift cards will also work with Uber Eats
- Barnes & Nobles = use it to get an ongoing 20% discount at Starbucks located inside a Barnes & Noble store
- GAP/Old Navy = can also be used at Banana Republic, pair the gift cards up with a shopping portal (Rakuten has a sign up bonus of $40 right now) to get up to 30%-40% back before other coupons or promotion codes you may have
The Bottom Line
Getting 20% off these gift cards is an excellent deal, especially for brands like Uber, GAP, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, and Bed Bath & Beyond. I’ve taken advantage of similar deals in the past, but those are usually 10% off and not the 20% amount that’s being offered for Black Friday.
There doesn’t appear to be a limit on how much you can buy either. While the fine print says there are limits, it’s not enforced at the cash registers.
I’d recommend to stock up now to save later. In fact, I’m leaving for my local Market Basket to stock up as soon as I post this deal!