Marriott is selling gift cards for a 20% discount during this limited time offer! Save on your next Marriott stay by buying these Marriott gift cards at a great discount.
Ninja Update 12/12/23: A number of Marriott cardholders have received targeted emails offering a 20% discount on gift cards, up to $3,000.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
20% Off Marriott Gift Cards Promotion
Marriott has sent emails to select Marriott credit card customers (American Express and Chase versions) offering a 20% discount of eGiftCards. The message reads:
Exclusively for Card Members – Enjoy 20% off eGiftCards
(name here), for a limited time, use your Card to give friends, family, or even yourself a getaway this holiday season. Card Members save 20% on Marriott Bonvoy® eGiftCard purchases up to $3,000 through December 16, 2023. Use your one-time redemption code at checkout.
This sale is only for Marriott digital gift cards purchased online and it’s available in the following denominations:
- $50 gift cards for $40
- $100 gift cards for $80
- $250 gift cards for $200
- $500 gift cards for $400
- $1,000 gift cards for $800
How To Buy Marriott Gift Cards
To buy the Marriott gift cards at a 20% discount:
- Enter the Marriott sale portal through the link above
- Click on the ‘Buy Now‘ button
- Select the denomination and quantity of gift cards you want to buy
- Enter in the email of the recipient (can be yourself or someone else you’re buying them for)
- Add the gift cards to your cart and press the ‘Review & Checkout‘ button to start the purchase process
Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Member eGiftCard Offer Terms and Conditions
- The redemption code is valid for a one-time only transaction for the recipient of the offer email and cannot be transferred.
- All email-eligible Marriott Bonvoy® Card Members with a US Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card, US Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card, US Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card, US Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card, US Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Credit Card from Chase, US Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card from Chase, US Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card from Chase, US Marriott Bonvoy Business® Credit Card from Chase, The Ritz Carlton™ Credit Card from JP Morgan, US Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Credit Card from Chase, US Marriott Bonvoy® Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy® World Mastercard® from Emirates NBD, CA Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card, CA Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, MX Marriott Bonvoy® Credit Card, MX Marriott Bonvoy® Inspire Credit Card, UK Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card, and/or UK Marriott Bonvoy® Mastercard will receive a singular, one-time use 20% unique discount code (“Discount Code”). Card
- Members who have more than one eligible Marriott Bonvoy credit card will only receive one Discount Code.
- This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 16, 2023.
- eGiftCards are available in amounts between $25 USD and $2,000 USD.
- To redeem, the Card Member must enter the Discount Code at checkout for 20% off a one-time purchase of eGiftCards totaling up to $3,000 USD.
- eGiftCard orders are delivered within 7 business days due to order verification. eGiftCard purchaser should select a delivery date that does not exceed 3 months from date of order.
- Card Members are eligible to earn Marriott Bonvoy points for the online purchases of Marriott branded eGiftCards on the Card Member’s Marriott Bonvoy® credit card as outlined by their Card Member Agreements. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
The Bottom Line
These gift cards are great and works worldwide. Hotels located internationally will convert the dollars into the currency of the country the hotel is in.
I’ve used these numerous times to save on my vacations and recently redeemed a few eGiftcards to save big money in Maldives. The current offer matches the best discount offered in the past, which was 20% in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.
Overall, this is definitely worth it if you have a hotel in mind and want to save money ahead of your stay. I wouldn’t buy these speculatively.
Once you get the digital gift cards, I’d recommend creating a Marriott GiftCards account and registering the gift card serial numbers and pin codes. Marriott will protect the value of your gift cards ONLY if you register them on the site.