Rakuten is offering $75 cash back bonus when you open a Betterment checking or savings account! Best of all, there are NO deposit requirements.
Open a Betterment checking account with just $1 and you’ll get a $75 sign-up bonus! Or, if you prefer to open up a Betterment savings account, fund it with $10 and the $75 cash back bonus is yours!
Ninja Update 2/15/21: That was fast – deal back to $75. Hat tip to reader Portland for letting me know.
Ninja Update 2/13/21: Bonus now $128 and still doesn’t require direct deposits. Hot deal is now hotter deal!
Rakuten is one of my favorite cash back sites that gives you a portion of your money back when you shop at your favorite online stores.
Not a Rakuten member yet? Use The Money Ninja link to sign up and get $20 off your next purchase at any store when you spend $20 or more.
$75 Betterment Checking / Savings Account Offer
Rakuten has a limited-time offer where they will pay you $75 when you open a Betterment checking account OR Betterment Cash Reserve account (what they call their savings account).
Unlike other bank account opening bonuses, there are no deposit requirements. Simply open a Betterment account, fund it with $1, and you’ll be credited $75 cash back from Rakuten.
Betterment is an independent online investment advisor founded in 2008 by Jon Stein. It grew quickly and now maintains a portfolio of nearly $20 billion.
Along with investments, Betterment also offers checking and savings account with no fees.
Steps To Get $75 Betterment Bonus
- Open a free Rakuten account or sign into your existing Rakuten account [$20 Sign-up Bonus Link]
- Once logged into your Rakuten account, navigate to the Betterment $75 account opening bonus here
- Click the red ‘Shop Now’ button to be transferred to Betterment site
- On the main Betterment screen, click ‘Spend‘ at the top of the page for their checking account OR ‘Save‘ for their saving account (Cash Reserve account)
- Tap on the blue ‘Get Started’ button to apply for an account
- Fund your new Betterment account with at least $1 for the checking account or $10 for the savings account
- Receive the $75 cash back bonus in your Rakuten account the next day
What Are The Details?
Expiration: Limited-time (unknown end date)
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: No
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Cash Back Terms
Exclusions: Cash Back is only earned for a funded Betterment Checking, Cash Reserve or Investing account of at least $1.00 for checking products and $10.00 for Cash Reserve and investing products, and is not available for other Betterment products or current Betterment customers.
Special Terms: Checking accounts and the Betterment Visa Debit Card provided and issued by nbkc bank, Member FDIC. Funds deposited into Checking will be eligible for up to $250,000 of FDIC insurance. Betterment Checking made available through Betterment Financial LLC. Neither Betterment Financial LLC, nor any of their affiliates, is a bank.
Betterment Financial LLC reimburses ATM fees and the Visa 1% foreign transaction fee worldwide, everywhere Visa is accepted. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Cash Reserve is only available to clients of Betterment LLC, which is not a bank, and cash transfers to program banks are conducted through the clients’ brokerage accounts at Betterment Securities.
Posting Time: Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account the next day.
The Bottom Line
You can also open a Betterment Investing account with $10 to get the same $75 bonus. To summarize:
- Betterment Checking = $75 cash back for opening an account and funding it with $1
- Betterment Savings (Cash Reserve) = $75 cash back for opening an account and funding it with $10
- Betterment Investing = $75 cash back for opening an account and funding it with $10
This is a very easy, no-requirements bonus for accounts I’ve never seen a sign-up offer for. Some people may want to open the checking account anyway with it’s $0 fee (no overdraft, low balance, or ATM fees) structure and free rewards debit card.