Regions Bank is offering a $200 bonus for opening up a checking account and making a deposit! It’s quick, simple, and secure to open an account online using the promo code below. You can also do it in person at your local Regions Bank branch.
Regardless if you open an account online or in person, see the inside scoop on how to get this $200 bonus down below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Regions Bank $200 Checking Bonus Overview
Regions is offering a $200 bonus when complete the following requirements:
- Open a new personal LifeGreen checking account with promo code RGSUMR22 online or register and present your personalized email voucher when you open your account at your local branch.
- Enroll in Online Banking within 60 days of opening your account.
- Make $500 in total deposits that post to your account within 60 days of account opening. Deposits must be new to Regions.
Your bonus will be deposited directly to your new checking account within 90 days of completing the above requirements.
Who Qualifies For The Bonus?
You must live in one of the following states:
- Alabama (AL)
- Arkansas (AR)
- Florida (FL)
- Georgia (GA)
- Indiana (IN)
- Iowa (IA)
- Kentucky (KY)
- Louisiana (LA)
- Mississippi (MS)
- Missouri (MO)
- North Carolina (NC)
- South Carolina (SC)
- Tennessee (TN)
- Texas (TX)
Along with residing in one of those states, the offer doesn’t apply if you have or had a personal Regions checking account or or after July 1, 2021.
Where Do I Enroll?
You can apply online directly via the link above. For those who want to apply in person, the offer page will also provide an option to register for a voucher you can print or show when you stop by your local branch.
What Are The Details?
Availability: AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, LA, MS, MO, NC, SC, TN & TX
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: No
Hard/Soft Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: $25 if closed within 180 days
Regions offers six different personal checking accounts all under their LifeGreen line.
One requires you to be 62+ years old, one applies to only to students, and one other has a monthly fee of $5 that can’t be waived.
That leaves the three checking accounts below with monthly fees between $8 to $18 that can be waived. I recommend the eAccess account as it’s the easiest to waive the monthly fee:
LifeGreen eAccess Account:
The $8 monthly fee can be waived if you:
- Make 10 or more Regions CheckCard purchases per statement cycle
LifeGreen Checking Account:
The $8 monthly fee can be waived if you:
- Maintain an average monthly balance of $1,500 or more OR
- Receive an ACH direct deposit of at least $500 single deposit of $1,000 combine deposit
LifeGreen Preferred Checking Account:
The $18 monthly fee can be waived if you:
- Maintain an average monthly balance of $5,000 or more OR
- Maintain a combined minimum deposit balance of $25,000 or more from all your Regions checking, savings, moneymarkets, CDs, and IRAs OR
- Have certain qualifying first-lien home mortgage loans in good standing OR
- Have a combined minimum of $25,000 or more in outstanding loan balances from all your Regions personal installment loans, lines of credit, equity lines of credit, equity loans, direct loans, and credit cards in good standing
Regions Bank Bonus Terms & Conditions
- To open in-branch: Register before or at the time you open your checking account to be eligible. Present the personalized voucher emailed after registration was completed with your name and registered email address.
- To open online: You must enter the promo code at the time you open your account online to be eligible for this offer. General: Email address used when opening your checking account must match the email address used when registering.
- Offer valid in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
- This offer is nontransferable, may not be combined with any other offer, and does not apply if you have or had an ownership interest in a personal Regions checking account on or after July 1, 2021.
- When the credit is issued, new account and CheckCard must be open and have a positive balance.
- Regions may report bonus value to the IRS as required by law; anyone whose tax status would require Regions to impose tax withholding is not eligible.
- Regions associates are not eligible.
- Deposit Accounts: All LifeGreen checking accounts require a $50 minimum opening deposit.
The Bottom Line
Regions has offered higher account opening bonuses in the past. I’ve seen offers as high as $450 before, but that was years ago.
It’s safe to say this $200 bonus may be the highest they’ll offer for the foreseeable future so it may be worth going for this one rather than holding your breath for one we haven’t seen since 2017.
I’ll add this to the list of the best bank bonuses.