You can get paid up to $89.04 as part of the Roundup Class Action Settlement. No proof of purchase is necessary, but you need to submit a claim by September 11 in order to receive payment.
What are the details of the settlement?
A $39,550,000 settlement has been reached in a Roundup Weed & Grass Killer class action lawsuit alleging that labeling on certain Roundup products are false and misleading. Specifically, the rear label portion that states Roundup “targets an enzyme found in plants but not in people or pets”.
Monsanto, the company that owns Roundup, denies these allegations and any wrongdoing.
The settlement avoids costs and risks from continuing the lawsuit, provides relief to purchasers of the Roundup products during the relevant time period, and releases Monsanto and others from liability for the related claims.
Am I eligible to make a claim?
Eligible people include those who purchased one of the following Roundup Weed & Grass Killer products during the Class Period (class period varies by state that you can check here), including:
- Roundup Ready-to-Use Weed & Grass Killer III
- Roundup Ready-to-Use Weed & Grass Killer Plus
- Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus
- Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate
How do I file a claim?
You can file a claim with the link above and have until September 11, 2020 to file.
How much will they pay me?
You’ll get up to $89.04 depending on how many product claims you submit.
You’re allowed to submit 1 product claim per year. The number of product claims you can submit is based on your class period, which is determined by the state you live in.
- If you live in Massachusetts, the class period is February 2015 to present day 2020
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 make up 6 different years
- Therefore, you can make a total of 6 different product claims when you file a claim
You don’t need to submit proof of purchase when you fill out the claim form, but it does ask for general details. Here’s what the form looks like:
Here are the milestone dates for you to be aware of:
- September 11, 2020 – last day to file a claim
- November 9, 2020 – final hearing before payment is processed to claimants
- Kotex Class Action Settlement: $30 Per Person
- Yahoo Class Action Settlement: $100 to $358 Per Person
- Auto Purchase & Auto Parts Class Action Settlement: $100 Per Person
The Bottom Line
Remember, you’re submitting your claim under penalty of perjury. Submit a claim only if you know you’ve purchased one of the listed Roundup products.
If you’re unsure if you qualify, please read the FAQ section of the Settlement Administrator’s website to ensure you meet all standards.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our other class action settlements we’ve posted that you may be eligible for.