If you shop at Target often, it’s time to finally get that RedCard! Target is offering a promotion that will give you a $50 off $100 coupon on your future purchase when you apply for a Target RedCard.
Ninja Update 1/17/21: Deal is back from 1/17 to 2/21.
What is a Target RedCard
The Target RedCard comes in two versions, a credit card or debit card, that offers cardholders the following perks:
- Save 5% every time you shop at Target in store and online
- An additional 30 days for returns and exchanges
- Free shipping on most items at Target
- Target exclusives (special items, gifts, and offers)
Target RedCard $50 Off $100 Promotion
Target is trying to get more shoppers to be a loyal cardholder. From August 2 to August 15, when you apply for either the Target RedCard credit card or Target RedCard debit card, you’ll get a coupon for $50 off a qualifying purchase of $100 or more.
I would recommend the debit card and not the credit card version.
The credit card version requires a hard inquiry on your credit report and I wouldn’t do it for $50. Get the debit card instead – it won’t affect your credit score.
Target RedCard $50 Off $100 Terms & Conditions
- Get a coupon for $50 off a $100 qualifying purchase when you are approved for a debit or credit RedCard in-stores and at Target.com between 8/2/20 – 8/15/20.
- The coupon will be mailed to approved cardholders with their RedCard and will be valid through 9/15/20.
- Excludes items sold & shipped by Target PlusTM Partners, alcohol, Apple products, Barbie Dreamhouse, Bose, Casper, clinic & pharmacy, dairy milk, DockATot, Disney Frozen Castle, DSLR cameras & lenses, Elvie, Fitbit, gift cards, Google, HALO baby, Hasbro games (Classic Monopoly, Connect Four, Jenga, Rubik’s Cube, Sorry, Trouble), Hot Wheels id, HP, Infant Optics, JBL, LEGO, Levi’s Red Label, LG OLED TV, limited-time designer partnerships, Mega Bloks, mobile contracts, Motrin pain relief, Nerf Ultra, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, Polder, Peg Perego, Philips Avent, power shave, power dental, Harry’s and Flamingo, prepaid cards, PS4 hardware, Samsung TVs, simplehuman, Sonos, Sony electronics, Target Optical, Thomas and Friends Wood, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, 23andMe, Weber, and Xbox One hardware.
The Bottom Line
Other Target RedCard promotions can be viewed here.
There was a recent promotion where Target offered $40 off a $40+ purchase. This offer is $10 better, but it comes with a $100+ purchase requirement.