If you shop at Target often, it’s time to finally get that RedCard! Target is offering a promotion that will give you a $50 off a future purchase of $50 or more when you apply for a Target RedCard.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
What is a Target RedCard?
The Target RedCard comes in two versions, a credit card or debit card, that offers cardholders the following perks:
- Save 5% every time you shop at Target in store and online
- An additional 30 days for returns and exchanges
- Free shipping on most items at Target
- Target exclusives (special items, gifts, and offers)
Target RedCard $50 Off $50 Promotion
From October 29 to December 9, apply for the Target RedCard credit card or Target RedCard debit card and save $50 on a qualifying purchase of $50 or more.
I recommend the debit card and not the credit card. You receive a hard inquiry on your credit report when you apply for a credit card. $50 is definitely not worth a hard inquiry as many other credit cards give you hundreds or even thousands of dollars instead for opening an account.
For that reason alone, I’d get the debit card instead – it won’t affect your credit score whatsoever.
Target RedCard $50 Off $50 Terms & Conditions
- Get a coupon to save $50 on a future qualifying purchase over $50 at Target when approved for a credit or debit RedCard (offer is redeemable only through Target Circle™) or get a $50 credit when you open a RedCard Reloadable Account & spend $50 at Target.
- Must upload coupon to Target App and be fully enrolled in Target Circle™ to redeem coupon
- The coupon will be mailed to approved cardholders with their RedCard and will be valid through 1/8/24.
- Excludes items sold & shipped by Target PlusTM Partners, alcohol, Apple products, Barbie Dreamhouse, Bose, Casper, clinic & pharmacy, dairy milk, DockATot, Disney Frozen Castle, DSLR cameras & lenses, Elvie, Fitbit, gift cards, Google, HALO baby, Hasbro games (Classic Monopoly, Connect Four, Jenga, Rubik’s Cube, Sorry, Trouble), Hot Wheels id, HP, Infant Optics, JBL, LEGO, Levi’s Red Label, LG OLED TV, limited-time designer partnerships, Mega Bloks, mobile contracts, Motrin pain relief, Nerf Ultra, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, Polder, Peg Perego, Philips Avent, power shave, power dental, Harry’s and Flamingo, prepaid cards, PS4 hardware, Samsung TVs, simplehuman, Sonos, Sony electronics, Target Optical, Thomas and Friends Wood, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, 23andMe, Weber, and Xbox One hardware.
The Bottom Line
There was a recent promotion where Target offered $40 off a $40+ purchase. This offer is $10 better and the purchase requirement was reduced from $100 to $50, making it an ideal time to jump on a Target RedCard deal if you were on the fence.
Other Target RedCard promotions can be viewed here.