Amazon is offering $15 off your next $50 purchase when you use at least 1 Citi ThankYou point at checkout. This also works on gift cards. See if you’re targeted for this offer below!
Direct Link [Amazon]
That link will bring you to the activation screen. If you get a message that says you’re not eligible for this promotion, please see the directions below on how to make it work. Most people who weren’t eligible at first found success after following those instructions.
Offer expires on June 30.
How do I check if I’m targeted?
The offer WON’T show up until you add a Citi card as a payment option and link your Citi rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next couple of sections where I show you how.
If you’re linking your Citi ThankYou Rewards account to Amazon for the first time then it can take a few days before you may become “eligible” for the promotion.
You can also try removing and re-adding your Citi card as a payment option to see if this will prompt “eligibility”. Try the link again in a couple of days to see if this works.
Finally, these offers can open up over time to more people so you can always check later if it doesn’t work out this time around.
- Get 30% To 40% Off At Amazon When Using 1 AMEX Point
- Get 20% Off At Amazon Using Just 1 Discover Point
- Receive $10 Off $50 At Amazon Prime Pantry (First Order Promo)
How do I add a Citi credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
How do I link my Citi ThankYou Rewards account to Amazon?
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using Citi Thank You points at Amazon since the redemption value is poor, but here you just need to use 1 Citi point to get the $15 discount.
What other details do I need to know?
- This promotion starts at 12:00am PST on May 1, 2020 and ends on the earlier of (i) at 11:59pm PST on 06/30/2020, or (ii) when 31,096 offers have been redeemed, or (iii) when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with an eligible Citi Card, where ThankYou Points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is activated. When you click on the ‘Click to activate’ button your Citi ThankYou Points will be temporarily set as default payment method at checkout for a duration of six hours, unless you manually update your payment option. The promotion remains valid even after the temporary default setting lapses, until the end of the promotion period.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Products must be purchased in a single order with the same method of shipment to a single address. Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted promotional items.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order. If any of the items in your order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $15.00.
- Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards.
The Bottom Line
Keep in mind, if you don’t have anything in particular to spend at Amazon right away, this will also work on third-part gift cards, but not on Amazon gift cards. Here are a sample of popular third-party gift cards found on Amazon:
- Best Buy
- Giant Foods
- Stop and Shop
- Whole Foods