Amazon is offering $20 off your next $50 purchase when you use at least 1 Citi ThankYou point at checkout. See if you’re targeted for this offer below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Citi $20 Off $50 Amazon Offer
Activate Offer [Amazon]
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here.
The link above will bring you to the activation screen. If you get a message that says you’re not eligible for this promotion, please see the directions below on how to potentially make it work. Most people who weren’t eligible at first found success after following those instructions.
How do I check if I’m targeted?
You need to activate the offer. The offer WON’T show up until you add a Citi card as a payment option and link your Citi ThankYou Points rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, read the next couple of sections where I’ll show you how.
How do I add a Citi credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also navigate there on Amazon by clicking on “Account & Lists” at the upper right-hand corner, then “Your Payments“. Tap on “Add a credit or debit card” and enter your credit card information:
Direct Link to Linking [Amazon]
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using Citi Thank You points at Amazon since the redemption value is poor, but here you just need to use 1 Citi point to get the $15 discount.
Can I do this offer again if I’ve already participated in an Amazon/Citi promotion?
Yes, but there’s a trick to it. If you already checked the link and it says you’re not eligible for offer, here’s how you can potentially get around it:
- Delete all Citi cards as a payment option on Amazon
- Add at least one Citi card back on
- Re-enroll the ability to use Citi points
- Try activating the offer again
- If that doesn’t work, try again for a few days
It took me 2 days to get the offer to show up again, but once it took as long as a week.
What other details do I need to know?
The most important one to remember is that the items need to be sold AND shipped by Amazon. How can you tell?
Chances are that the item is shipped by Amazon if it offers Prime Delivery, but it still could be sold by a third-party seller. To check that Amazon is selling and shipping it, check for this statement near the price tag. Here’s an example where you can find it:
Terms & Conditions
- Offer is targeted to select Citi cardholders.
- The maximum you can save with this promotion is $20.
- The promotion runs through Dec. 31, 2022, or when 10,000 customers have redeemed this offer, whichever is earlier.
- Offer is only good on items shipped and sold by Amazon (be sure to look for the “sold by Amazon” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services“)
- Offer does not apply to Amazon gift cards or digital content.
- This offer is not available to eligible Citi cardmembers who have previously used ThankYou Points to shop at Amazon.com in the past 12 months (although this usually isn’t strictly enforced).
The Bottom Line
Nice deal for the holiday season. Keep in mind, if you don’t have anything in particular to spend at Amazon right away, this will also work on third-part gift cards, but not on Amazon gift cards.