I know there are a lot of options out for personal finance – it’s a crowded field. I have to earn your trust, which is why I’m giving away my material for free and don’t plan on selling anything to you directly. If you’re curious, here’s a little bit about my background.
FROM HUMBLE BEGINNINGS
My mom and dad came to America to escape communism at the end of the Vietnam War. With little more than the clothes on their backs, they worked 18-hour days to support our family and give us a middle-class upbringing.
Eventually, they saved enough money to start their own mechanical engineering company. Through hard work, the business became very successful, and they continued to branch out into managing rental properties, investing in stocks, and leveraging their cash assets.
Having experienced poverty before achieving wealth has taught me many things about finances. It forced me to be smart with money. As I grew older and started reading personal finance advice from “professionals”, I realized they were all boring.
They all seem to say the same things like “keep a strict budget” and “stop buying Starbucks lattes”. But let’s be honest here:
- Nobody enjoys budgeting
- Nobody wants to give up their coffee
- Nobody finds not going on vacation to be fun
That’s old-fashioned financial advice. Instead, I want to show you the modern way of handling finances.
Rather than saying no to everything, I’ll teach you how to make more money, save better, and spend wisely. With smarter financial management, you’ll be able to do the things you want.
BUT DOES IT WORK?
I know because I’ve tried and tested all the methods that I’ll be sharing here. These ideas for making, saving, and spending money came to me at a young age.
When I was 16, I started working at a local grocery store making $5.25 an hour. While I met great people there, I couldn’t help but wonder why I was working so hard for so little.
Around that time, the internet began to explode, offering so many opportunities that never existed before. Who knew you could earn $600 from a bank bonus just for trying out a checking account? I used to do it for free t-shirts!
Since that time I’ve:
- Earned millions of miles and reward points through optimizing credit card spending
- Created and sold an e-commerce company while in college for six-figures
- Taught people how to make money blogging by writing about what they love
- Borrowed money to arbitrage rates in order to earn over $50,000
- Made thousands from bank bonuses and high interest rates
- Diversified into cryptocurrency with free Bitcoin and other crypto bonuses
- Outperformed the market without the need for financial advisers
- Leveraged cash back apps like Fetch Rewards and Ibotta to earn free gift cards and save money on everyday spending
- Received $35,000 in rebates using shopping portals to buy things online
- Paid for things using promo codes, referral codes, and coupons to get more than 99% off retail prices
And many, many more. So join me as we dive into them together. Let’s have fun and become better money managers. Welcome to The Money Ninja!