Chase is offering a $600 bonus when you open both a Chase Total Checking® account and a Chase SavingsSM account and complete qualifying activities.
This is one of the best bank bonuses that you can take advantage of. I recommend you to do this if you’re eligible. Full details of this combo checking and savings account offer below.
Ninja Update: Finally, this incredible Chase bonus is back after a two year gap! Learn more about this promo, bonus eligibility, and offer requirements below. This is also stackable with the $300 Chase business checking offer for a total bonus of $900!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Chase Checking + Savings $600 Bonus Offer
Chase has brought back an incredible promotion, offering a total bonus of $600 when you open a checking and savings account and complete qualifying activities:
- Get $300 when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account.
- Get $200 when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account.
- Get $600 when do you both (an extra $100 bonus).
Who qualifies for the Chase $600 bonus?
You are eligible for one Chase checking bonus and one savings account opening related bonus every two years from the time of your last bonus enrollment or coupon enrollment date.
Each account type has a separate timer, so if for example you enrolled in a checking bonus from Chase in the last two years, but didn’t open a savings account within the same time frame, you’re eligible for the savings bonus.
The other eligibility requirement is the checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers and the savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are also not available to customers whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
What are the details?
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, any amount for checking account
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: Must keep the account open for 6 months or you will forfeit the bonus
The Chase $600 bonus is broken up as follows:
- Chase Total Checking®: Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase Total Checking account and have a direct deposit within 90 days of account opening.
- Chase SavingsSM: Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a Chase Savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 30 days of account opening and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days.
- Extra Bonus: Receive an extra $100 bonus when you open the checking and savings account at the same time and complete all requirements for both the checking bonus and savings bonus.
Chase will deposit the bonus due within 15 days of completing the requirements.
Where do I enroll?
You can learn more about this Chase bonus and enroll in the offer with the link below. This is a direct link to Chase’s promotional landing page:
You can either apply directly online, or enter your email address and Chase will send you a coupon which you bring with you to a Chase branch.
>> Related Posts:
The Chase Total Checking® account has a monthly fee of $12 and the Chase SavingsSM account has a monthly fee of $5. Both can be waived if you do ONE of the following each monthly statement period:
Chase Total Checking®:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in all your qualifying Chase accounts combined
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more
- Have at least 1 repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your Chase checking account (one-time transfers do not count)
- Have a linked Chase Better Banking Checking, Chase Premier Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Sapphire Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account
Chase $600 Bonus Terms & Conditions
- Account Closing: If either the checking or savings account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after coupon enrollment, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
- Offer Eligibility: Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers and savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- Bonuses: Bonus offers are not available to those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Taxes: Bonuses are considered interest income and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
The Bottom Line
This is the best promotion Chase has offered to the public and definitely belongs in the list of the best bank bonuses.
I also opened the Chase Business Complete Banking℠ for an additional $300 (business account bonuses are considered separate offers so you can do both). It’s a great checking account to actually use too.
In the past, you could have done this every year, but since it got so popular, they have increased the time required between receiving bonuses to every two years.
The savings account requirement of depositing and maintaining $15,000 for 3 months may be difficult for some people, but everyone should at least be opening up a checking account if eligible. Getting $300 for having one direct deposit is easy breezy, lemon squeezy.
I did this deal for all four of my family members – easy $2,400 in free money!
Editor’s Note: We’re not compensated for this article and the links contained are not monetized.