The Platinum Card® from American Express is offering an 80,000 point sign up bonus and a $200 statement credit!
Full details below on this great Amex offer.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
American Express Platinum Card 80K Sign-up Offer
American Express is offering a great sign up bonus on the Amex Platinum card where you’ll get:
- 80K Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new card in your first 6 months of card membership
- $200 back in statement credits on purchases during the first 3 months of Card Membership
How To Apply For The Amex Platinum 80K Bonus
I know some bubbles will burst when I say this, but not everyone is able to pull up this offer. You may receive different offers depending on IP address.
Here are the options you can try in order to get the 80K + $200 variation to show up:
Option 1: Using A Referral Link
After you click my referral link below, switch over from the business card view to the personal cards view by tapping the bar text that reads, ‘View all Cards with a Referral Offer‘:
On the next screen, scroll down until you see the American Express Platinum card and check to see if the higher offer shows up.
Option 2: Using CreditCards.com
This card is featured as one of my Top 10 recommended cards. You can check to see what offers you may have on this or any other card through our credit card portal. Learn more by clicking on the button below:
Option 3: Using CardMatch
You can try using CardMatch to check for pre-approved offers. CardMatch doesn’t impact your credit score at all since it’s a soft credit check.
CardMatch takes 60 seconds to find out if you can get the American Express Platinum 100K offer. All it does is run your financial profile across the major card carriers (American Express, Chase, Discover, etc.) to see if you qualify for any special sign up offers.
Option 4: Timing The Deal
The last option is to wait for the top of the hour and try the options I mentioned above.
This might increase your chances of receiving the higher sign up bonus since American Express may release a certain number of available offers each hour.
American Express Platinum Card Overview
I’ll probably create a future post on all the benefits of the American Express Platinum card, but for the purposes of this deal, here are the important highlights:
- Annual Fee = $695 (not waived the first year – see rates and fees)
- Authorized Gold cards are free
- Authorized Platinum cards are $175 for first three users (then $175 per Platinum)
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Membership Rewards Points Earnings:
- 5X points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5X points per $1 spent on hotel bookings made directly from the American Express Travel
- 1X points on all other purchases
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get $200 in statement credits for airline incidental travel fees on one qualifying airline per calendar year
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 in the form of statement credits each year on select prepaid hotel bookings through American Express Travel
- $200 Uber Cash: $15 in Uber Cash each month plus a bonus $20 in December, for Uber rides or Uber Eats orders
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get $20 back each month when you pay for services at Audible, Disney+, Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Use your Platinum Card to pay for a monthly Walmart+ membership and receive a statement credit that covers the full cost each month
- $100 Saks Fifth Avenue Credit: Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth ($50 credits semi-annually)
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $300 in statement credits at Equinox for digital or club membership
- Lounge Access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority Pass Select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- Marriott Gold status
- Hilton Gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- $189 CLEAR Credit: Get up to $189 back per year when you use your card to apply for CLEAR and breeze through security at 45+ airports
Note, that American Express bonuses are once per lifetime per card type, although I’ve found that their definition of lifetime is 7 years since you’ve closed the exact same card.
The Bottom Line
If I didn’t already have this card, I’d be jumping all over this. A 80,000 sign-up bonus + $200 in statement credits for the Amex Platinum card is a smoking deal.
The 80,000 points you get for signing up is worth a minimum of $800. I’d argue the value is closer to $1,600 if you transfer it to airline partners, but what the points are worth depends on what you the redeem them for.
Sign-up points aside, you’ll also get $200 annually in airline credits and $200 annually in Uber/Uber Eats credit. Then include all the additional perks American Express added to this card and it really becomes a no-brainer.
It’s an excellent offer and if your lifestyle can take advantage of the card benefits, I believe that what you’ll receive more than offsets the hefty $695 annual membership fee.
3 thoughts on “American Express Platinum 80K Points Offer + $200 Statement Credit Offer”
referral for 100k+10x at restaurants
75k + $200 home furnishings and 10x gas/groceries.
Apply for an American Express Card with this link. We can both get rewarded if you’re approved! http://refer.amex.us/JOSEPja3cZ?XLINK=MYCP
Wooh! First time I got the 100k offer!
Incognito, cardmatch and most referral links didn’t work for me but this one did: http://refer.amex.us/BRIANL6ryP?XLINK=MYCP