Google Pay is offering 20% cash back at REI! Like other Google Pay deals, this is a limited-time offer that requires activation before purchase. Details below!
Ninja Update 2/20/21: Offer is back through March 31, 2021.
Google Pay Overview
Google relaunched Google Pay (GPay) in December 2020 after announcing major new features.
The biggest update is a Venmo-like ability to pay people, groups, and businesses. You can also split payment for things like dinner or rent – and even use Google Pay to order food or buy gas, all from within the app.
Not a Google Pay user yet? Swing by the Google Pay referral post and hop on the free money train!
REI 20% Cash Back Offer
Google Pay is offering 20% cash back at REI!
You only need to use the Google Pay app to activate the offer. Once you do, simply use any of your enrolled credit card or debit card at REI (online or in-store) and you’ll get 20% cash back on your purchase up to a maximum of $50 back.
There’s no minimum purchase requirement, so whether you spend $1 or up to $250, you’ll still get 20% cash back.
Nothing to buy? It also works on gift cards. You can get a $250 gift card for $200 for example.
Ninja Note: Interested in more Google Pay deals? Search this site for other available Google Pay deals.
How To Get Offer
Launch the Google Pay app and click the ‘Explore‘ icon on the bottom left-hand corner:
Scroll down the list of Google Pay offers until you find the REI cashback deal. Click the ‘+‘ symbol next to the offer to add it to your account:
Terms & Conditions
- Offer expires March 31, 2021.
- Earn 20% cashback when you activate this offer and make a qualifying transaction with your enrolled card. [Max $50 back.]
- Valid at participating REI locations in the US. Not valid in US territories.
- Valid online at REI’s website.
- You can earn a maximum of 1 reward with this offer.
- An activated offer will automatically expire 45 days after activation if not used, or on the offer expiry date, whichever is sooner.
- You do not have to use Google Pay to pay.
- If you’re using a debit card, pay with signature, not PIN.
- You must be opted into Google Pay rewards and have at least one eligible payment card enrolled in the program.
- Any cashback you earn will be added to your money in Google Pay.
The Bottom Line
Remember, this only works a single time.
Once you activate the offer, your next purchase at REI will be tracked and the appropriate amount of cash back will be given to you.
Some people have been confused and thought they could make multiple purchases until they reached the maximum cash back of $50.