Earn a $400 bonus when you open a new Capital One 360 checking account! Learn more about this exciting offer inside!
Ninja Note: A lot of comments regarding where to enter the promo code during the application process. When you get to the section that asks for your banking information, look for a link on that page. Click the link and a text field will pop up where you can enter the code.
Capital One 360 Checking $400 Bonus Offer
Now, Capital One is promoting the 360 Checking. You can earn a $400 bonus by opening a Capital One 360 Checking account and depositing 2 direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more.
Learn how to enroll in the 360 Checking offer, the details of the promotion, and avoiding account fees below.
Where Do I Enroll?
- $600 Citizens Bank Checking + Savings Bonus
- $400 Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
- What Counts As A Direct Deposit When It Comes To Bank Sign Up Bonuses
Who Qualifies For The Capital One Savings Bonus?
You qualify for the bonus, unless you have or had an open 360 Checking account as a primary or secondary account holder on or after January 1, 2018.
What Are The Details?
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, 2 direct deposits of $1,000+
Hard/Soft Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Capital One is offering a checking bonus of $400 when you open a new 360 Checking account by following these 3 steps:
- Open a new 360 Checking account by January 26, 2021 using promo code BONUS400.
- Make at least 2 direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Receive a $400 bonus 3 months after the initial 60-day account opening period.
That last step can be a little confusing. Here’s a helpful chart with some examples on when you can expect the $400 bonus:
Fortunately, there are NO monthly fees to worry about and there’s no early account termination fees either!
Terms & Conditions
Here’s the full scoop on how to earn your $400 bonus:
- Open a 360 Checking account between 12:00 a.m. ET on November 9, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET on January 26, 2021. When you open your account, enter your promotional code—BONUS400.
- Receive at least 2 direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more to your 360 Checking account within 60 days of account opening. A qualifying direct deposit is an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer or an outside institution.
- This account is subject to approval. This offer cannot be combined with any other 360 Checking account opening offers. Only one promotional code is accepted. Bonus is only valid for one new 360 Checking account.
- If you have or had an open 360 Checking account as a primary or secondary account holder with Capital One on or after January 1, 2018, you will be ineligible for the bonus.
- If your account is in default, closed or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus.
The Bottom Line
Interesting timing of this promotion considering Capital One just offered a $250 bonus for opening the same account a few days earlier. That one didn’t require a direct deposit so it may be useful for some, but this bonus is 60% more and requires just 2 direct deposits.
This is a bit annoying for those who already opened an account for that deal as this is obviously a better deal.