Chase is offering a $200 bonus for new Chase checking customers that open a Chase Total Checking® account with qualifying activities! Learn more about this Chase bank bonus and how to take advantage of the offer.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Chase Total Checking $200 Bonus
Earn a $200 bonus when you open Chase Total Checking account with qualifying activities. The Chase Total Checking account is the most popular checking account in Chase’s lineup and now you can earn a bonus for getting one.
How To Earn Checking Bonus:
- Open a Chase Total Checking account via this link.
- Make direct deposits totaling $500 or more within within 90 days of coupon enrollment.
- Receive a $200 checking bonus deposited into your account within 15 days of meeting the direct deposit requirements.
Click the ‘View Offer‘ link above to reach Chase’s landing page for this promotion. You can apply online directly through the link or enter your email address to have an offer coupon emailed to you and bring it to a Chase Branch.
Am I Eligible For The $200 Bonus?
You are eligible for the $200 bonus if you’re considered a new Chase checking account customer, which means:
- You don’t have an existing Chase checking account or closed one within the last 90 days
- You haven’t received a new checking account opening related bonus in the last 2 years
- You didn’t close a checking account with a negative balance within the last 3 years
If you satisfy those three conditions, then you can take advantage of this bonus offer.
What Are The Offer Details?
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, $500+ within 90 days
Early Account Termination Fee: None listed
What Are The Fees?
The Chase Total Checking account has a monthly service fee of $12, but that can be waived to $0, when one of the following happens during each monthly statement period:
- Receive electronic deposits into this account totaling $500 or more, such as payments from payroll providers or government benefit providers, by using (i) the ACH network, (ii) the Real Time Payment network, or (iii) third party services that facilitate payments to your debit card using the Visa® or Mastercard® network OR
- Have a monthly balance at the beginning of each day of $1,500 or more in this account OR
- Have an average beginning day balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances
For information on other miscellaneous fees, read this PDF document that details everything you need to know about the Chase Total Checking account.
The Bottom Line
I’m a big fan of Chase and have been deep in their ecosystem for years now as a cardholder of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Ink Cash, and Chase Hyatt credit cards along with having a Chase checking and savings account.
Chase has offered higher sign-up bonuses for their checking accounts in the past, but this is currently the highest available nationwide bonus.
This should be easy to do for most people since it only requires a direct deposit total of at least $500 to trigger the $200 bonus. While this is higher than the previous requirement where any direct deposit amount worked, the requirement is still lower than the majority of other banking bonuses.
For all other offers from Chase, see this Chase Bank promotions page.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.