Get a $200 bonus when you open a Fifth Third checking account and make direct deposits totaling $500 or more. There are also bonuses of $100, $225, $275, $325, $375, $600 and $700 if you’re targeted by Fifth Third Bank, but this sign-up bonus is the only public offer.
Full details of this Fifth Third Bank promotion below.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About Fifth Third Bank
Fifth Third Bank (5/3 Bank) is a bank headquartered in Ohio, and is one of the largest consumer banks in the Midwestern United States with over 1,100 branches.
The name “Fifth Third” combined the 1909 mergers of two banks, Third National Bank and Fifth National Bank (creative huh?).
Fifth Third Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Ninja Update: As of August 22, 2023, Fifth Third is no longer offering a bonus for their consumer checking account, but this promotion will relaunch on October 2 so check back then! See our post on the best bank bonuses and promotions in the meantime.
Fifth Third Bank is offering a $200 welcome bonus when you open a new Fifth Third Momentum or Fifth Third Preferred checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Make direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening
The $200 bonus will be added to your new account within 10 business days of completing qualifying activity requirements.
How To Get $200 Bonus
- Open a new checking account online using this link (or enter your email to get your code and bring to a local branch).
- Make direct deposit(s) of $500 or more within 90 days of account opening.
- Receive $200 within 10 business days of completing offer requirements.
This offer is not available to existing Fifth Third checking account or Express Banking account customers or those who closed one of these accounts within the last 12 months.
Additionally, you need to be a resident located in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, or West Virginia to be eligible.
Availability: FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV, SC
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, $500+ (see what counts as a direct deposit)
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Fifth Third Checking Account Fees (and how to avoid them)
I strongly recommend you to open a Momentum checking account since it doesn’t have monthly service fees, while the Preferred checking account does.
Momentum® Checking Account ($0 Monthly Fees)
Fortunately, the Fifth Third Momentum checking account has no monthly service fees or minimum balance requirements to worry about.
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum balance requirements
- No fees at over 50,000 partner ATMs nationwide
- Extra Time to help avoid overdraft fees
Preferred Checking Account ($25 Monthly Fees)
The Fifth Third Preferred checking account has a $25 monthly service fee that can be waived if you:
- Achieve a combined total balance of at least $100,000 across your deposit and investment accounts one time per month
Most people should avoid the Preferred checking account unless the Momentum checking account isn’t available in their state.
Offer Terms & Conditions
- To qualify for the $200 checking bonus, provide the offer code, open a Fifth Third Momentum® Checking, or Preferred checking account and make direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening.
- The cash bonus will be deposited into your new account within 10 business days of completing qualifying activity requirements. In order to receive the cash bonus, your checking account must be open and in good standing.
- Offer is not available to existing Fifth Third checking customers or to those with a Fifth Third Checking account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
- Account must be funded within 45 days of account opening.
- No minimum deposit required to open a checking account.
- Bonus may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Consult your tax advisor.
- UNIQUE OFFER CODE MUST BE PRESENTED AT ACCOUNT OPENING TO RECEIVE THE BONUS.
The Bottom Line
Great offer from a respected bank.
There was a better Fifth Third $375 bonus that ended on June 30, 2022, but it’s been over a year and they haven’t brought that offer back. Fifth Third had also offered targeted bonus amounts of $275, $375, $600, and $700 which were sent to specific people via postal mail and/or email.
But this is a great deal for those who didn’t receive a targeted offer – getting a $200 bonus for making a direct deposit of just $500 is as easy as it comes.
I used to work for a Fortune 500 insurance carrier that partnered with Fifth Third and based on my experience, they were always known to be a reputable bank with a customer-first approach. Now I just need them to operate around the Boston area so I can take part in this promo 🙂
I’ll add this Fifth Third promotion to our list of the best bank account bonuses.