Amazon is offering 30% to 40% off your order when you use at least one AMEX point at checkout. This also works on gift cards. See if you’re targeted for this offer below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Ninja Update 8/9/21: Deal extended through the end of October 31.
30%-40% Off Amazon With Amex Offer
There are actually two different offers people are getting:
- Get 30% off at Amazon (maximum discount of $50) with 1 AMEX point
- Get 40% off at Amazon (maximum discount of $50) with 1 AMEX point
Although both discounts maxes out at $50, the second offer is better since having 40% off requires orders totaling $125 or more to get the maximum value. If you get the 30% offer, you’ll need to spend at least $166.67 to get the full $50 discount.
How do I check if I’m targeted?
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here.
The link will bring you to the activation screen. The offer WON’T show up until you add an American Express card as a payment option and link your AMEX rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
If you are linking your AMEX Membership Rewards account to Amazon for the first time then it can take a few days before you may become “eligible” for the promotion.
You can also try removing and re-adding your AMEX as a payment option to see if this will prompt “eligibility”.
Try the link again in a couple of days to see if this works.
These offers can open up over time so you can always check later if it does not work out this time around.
- Get 20% Off At Amazon Using Just 1 Discover Point
- Receive $10 Off $50 At Amazon Prime Pantry (First Order Promo)
- Get $10 Amazon Credit For Trying Amazon Photos
How do I add an American Express credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
Direct Link to Linking [Amazon]
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I would never recommend using AMEX MR points at Amazon since the redemption value is poor, but here you only have to use 1 AMEX point to get the 20% discount.
What other details do I need to know?
Here are the general terms:
- This is a limited offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 10/31/2021, or (b) the time at which offers worth 17,000 offers have been redeemed
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
The Bottom Line
Keep in mind, you don’t have to spend the full amount in a single purchase. You can break them up into smaller orders until you reach the full discount of $50.
This will also work on third-part gift cards, but not on Amazon gift cards.
This is a very hot deal! We usually get 20% off promotions from Amazon and AMEX – to get 30% off at Amazon is huge (40% for some lucky ninjas)! I’ve written about similar Amazon deals.