This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Amazon customers can get 20% off of their next order when they use just one Discover point. It works on gift cards too! See if you’re targeted for this offer below!
How do I check if I’m targeted?
Direct Link [Amazon]
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here.
The link will bring you to the activation screen. The offer WON’T show up until you add a Discover card as a payment option and link your Discover Cashback Bonus point rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
How do I add an Discover credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
How do I link my Discover Cashback Point account to Amazon?
Direct Link to Linking [Amazon]
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using your Discover Cashback Bonus points at Amazon since the redemption value is not great, but for this specific promotion you only need to use 1 Discover point to get the 20% discount.
What other details do I need to know?
The most important one to remember is that the items need to be sold AND shipped by Amazon. How can you tell?
Chances are that the item is shipped by Amazon if it offers Prime Delivery, but it still could be sold by a third-party seller. To check that Amazon is selling and shipping it, check for this statement near the price tag. Here’s an example where you can find it:
- Get 30% To 40% Off At Amazon When Using 1 AMEX Point
- Receive $10 Off $50 At Amazon Prime Pantry (First Order Promo)
- Bonus $10 For Reloading Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
Here’s the terms and conditions… all of them if you’re bored:
- The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 06/30/2020 (although the promotion ended, it still works using the link I provided), or (b) the time at which offers worth $2,000,000 have been redeemed.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Cashback Bonus are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Cashback Bonus.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Cashback Bonus card issued in United States.
The Bottom Line
Most people aren’t aware of all the discounts that are offered by Amazon. This is just another example where a simple check can save you a whopping 20% off of Amazon spending spree!
6 thoughts on “Get 20% Off At Amazon Using Just 1 Discover Point”
It’s working again! This is the third time using the same trick you outlined.
Thanks for letting me know, lawerence – updated the post with the new date and link 🙂
Finally! A promo that works for me on Amazon!
Just saved 50 bucks on Amazon thanks to this tip👌
Worked for me too, but I made a small mistake. I didn’t read the part where you said it has to be shipped and sold by Amazon. I bought $250 worth of stuff, but only $200 of it was from Amazon. Saved $40 instead of $50.