Get up to $400 when you open a new PNC checking account and make qualifying direct deposit(s). The bonus amount is $200 or $400, depending on the PNC account you choose to open. Full details of this PNC bank offer below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
PNC $200/$400 Checking Account Promotion
Get up to a $400 welcome bonus when you open a PNC checking account and set up a qualifying direct deposit(s) to a new PNC Virtual Wallet.
- Earn a $200 bonus when you open a Virtual Wallet with a Performance Spend checking account and complete direct deposit(s) totaling $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening OR
- Earn a $400 bonus when you open a Virtual Wallet with a Performance Select checking account and receive direct deposit(s) totaling $4,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
Bonus Step-by-Step Directions:
- Open a Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend or Performance Select checking account via this link.
- Complete direct deposits of $2,000 or more for the Performance Spend checking account or $4,000 or more for the Performance Select checking account within 60 days of account opening.
- Receive a bonus once you have completed the offer requirements.
The cash bonus will be credited to your account within 60-90 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as “Credits Check Reward” on your monthly statement.
Checking Bonus Offer Details
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, $2,000 or $4,000 depending on bonus (see what counts as a direct deposit)
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: $25 if closed within six months
You’re eligible for this PNC checking account promotion as long as you:
- don’t have signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account AND
- haven’t closed a PNC account within the past 90 days AND
- weren’t paid a promotional bonus in the past 24 months
Checking Account Fees (and how to avoid them)
PNC Performance Spend ($15)
PNC Performance Spend has a $15 monthly service fee that can be waived if you meet any one of the following:
- $2,000 combined average monthly balance in your Spend and up to 7 PNC Bank consumer checking accounts you have chosen to link OR
- $15,000 combined average monthly balance across PNC Bank consumer deposit and/or PNCI investment accounts you have chosen to link OR
- $2,000 in qualifying monthly direct deposits to your Spend account during the statement period OR
- Account holder is a PNC Employee
PNC Performance Select ($25)
PNC Performance Select has a $25 monthly service fee that can be waived if you meet any one of the following:
- $5,000 combined average monthly balance in your Spend and up to 7 PNC Bank consumer checking accounts you have chosen to link OR
- $25,000 combined average monthly balance across PNC Bank consumer deposit and/or PNCI investment accounts you have chosen to link OR
- $5,000 in qualifying monthly direct deposits to your Spend account during the statement period OR
- Account holder is a PNC Employee
View this PDF link to see PNC’s full list of features and fees.
Bonus Offer Terms & Conditions
- Offer is contingent on product availability and may vary based on where you open your account and the Zip code of your primary address.
- For online or phone origination, the Zip code of your primary address will be used to determine product availability.
- Changing your product type any time after account opening and prior to the payout of your earned reward, could result in different offer requirements and reward amount.
- The value of the reward may be reported on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099, and may be considered taxable income to you. Please consult your tax adviser regarding your specific situation.
The Bottom Line
Not everyone will see the two different offers as it depends on your geographic location (based on the zip code you initially enter).
Both the $200 and $400 bonuses are similar to the previous PNC deal. If you have the funds, I’d go for the $400 bonus version. It’s the highest offer I’ve seen offered from PNC.
This offer has been added to the list of the best bank account bonuses.