For a limited time, you can get $15 off your next Amazon order by using just 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point. The offer is targeted, but if you’re not eligible, there’s still a way to get the discount!
Ninja Update 11/26/21: Offer back through December 31.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Amazon “Chase $15 Off $50” Promo
Prime Day may be delayed this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get discounts on Amazon.
Amazon and Chase are back with another promotion that lets Chase cardholders with an Ultimate Rewards account save on their orders. This offer gives Chase card members the opportunity to get $15 off an order of $50 or more.
How To Activate The Offer
Activate Offer [Amazon Link]
The link will bring you to the activation screen and tell you whether or not you’ve been targeted. The offer WON’T show up until you add a Chase card as a payment option and link your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
Here’s the process for the discount to apply at checkout if you’re eligible:
- Link your Chase credit card to your Amazon account if you haven’t done so
- Add your Chase Ultimate Rewards points account to Amazon if you haven’t done so
- Click the offer link above or click here to see if you’re targeted for the offer
- Add $50 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout and select your Chase card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Chase points you’d like to use for the purchase (use the minimum amount of 1 point)
- Receive a $15 discount off a $50+ order that will be automatically applied at checkout – no promo code needed
How do I add a Chase credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using your Chase points at Amazon since the redemption value is not great, but for this specific promotion you only need to use 1 Chase point to get the $15 discount.
What other details do I need to know?
The most important one to remember is that the items need to be sold AND shipped by Amazon. How can you tell?
Chances are that the item is shipped by Amazon if it offers Prime Delivery, but it still could be sold by a third-party seller. To check that Amazon is selling and shipping it, check for this statement near the price tag. Here’s an example where you can find it:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need Amazon Prime to do this deal?
No, this deal is possible with any Amazon account.
Why isn’t the deal working for me?
Make sure you’ve followed each step outlined above. If you’re linking your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to Amazon for the first time then it can take a few days before you may become “eligible” for the promotion. Wait a few days and try the activate the offer again.
If you’ve done everything mentioned and are still not getting the deal to work, it means your account is not targeted right now.
Will it work if I did a similar deal in the past?
Yes, but sometimes you need to “clear” your account from the past deal. Try removing and re-adding your Chase card as a payment option to see if this will prompt “eligibility”.
If that still doesn’t work, try the link again in a couple of days to see if this works.
These offers can open up over time so you can always check later if it does not work out this time around (it took me 6 days from re-adding my Chase card)
Can I buy gift cards with this offer?
Amazon gift cards are explicitly excluded.
However, Amazon also sells many other third-party gift cards and those should all work! Third-party gift cards sold on Amazon include Netflix, Uber, Starbucks, and Google.
You can see the entire gift card list here.
- Get 30% To 40% Off At Amazon When Using 1 AMEX Point
- Receive $10 Off $50 At Amazon Prime Pantry (First Order Promo)
- Bonus $10 For Reloading Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
What are the Terms and Conditions for this offer?
- Offer is targeted to select Chase cardholders.
- The maximum you could save with this promotion is $15.
- The promotion runs through Oct. 31, 2020 or when 46,667 customers have redeemed the offer (whichever is earlier).
- Offer is only good on items sold by Amazon. Be sure to look for the “sold by Amazon” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services.” Items that are ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ or ‘Prime Eligible’ may or may not qualify.
- Offer does not apply to Amazon gift cards or digital content.
- This offer is not available to eligible Chase cardmembers who have previously used Ultimate Rewards to shop at Amazon.com, but it seems like this is not strictly enforced.
The Bottom Line
This Chase $15 off $50 at Amazon offer is effectively a 30% discount.
Personally, I always need something to get at Amazon, but if you don’t, consider purchasing a discounted gift card for future use. You’re banking the savings for later.
I always say on this site, saving money is making money.