Fund a new or existing Citi Personal Wealth Management account with additional money and get up to a $5,000 bonus! Simply transfer new-to-Citi funds during the promotional period and get a cash bonus!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Ninja Update 11/1/22: Bonus extended and increased to $5,000!
What Is Citi Personal Wealth Management?
Citi Personal Wealth Management is a brokerage account that provides investment products and services to Citi customers.
- a world-class investment platform
- personalized guidance from Financial Advisors
- long-term goal planning (including a complimentary Citi Clarity financial plan)
- research and insights from a network of 275+ analysts across 67 countries
Target market is medium to large-sized investors with a considerable amount of available money to invest with.
Citi Personal Wealth Management $5,000 Bonus Offer
Citi is offering a bonus of up to $5,000 when you add new-to-Citi funds to your Citi Personal Wealth Management account. The cash bonus is valid for both new and existing Citi Wealth Management accounts.
New-to-Citi funds are cash or securities that come from an external non-Citi account.
This is a limited-time offer that expires on 12/31/22.
The amount of the bonus depends on the total new funding made during the promotional period. The bonus tiers are as follows:
- Fund $50,000 – $199,999 = $500 bonus
- Fund $200,000 – $499,999 = $1,000 bonus
- Fund $500,000 – $999,999 = $1,500 bonus
- Fund $1,000,000 – $1,999,999 = $3,000 bonus
- Fund $2,000,000+ = $5,000 bonus
Other Bonus Offers:
- Chase Private Client $3,000 Bonus
- Merrill Edge Brokerage $1,000 Bonus
- Chase Sapphire Banking $1,000 Bonus
How To Get The Bonus
- Contact Citi to open and enroll in a new or existing eligible Citi Personal Wealth Management account.
- Fund the Citi Personal Management account with new-to-Citi funds within 2 months of account opening.
- Enroll the new or existing Citi Personal Wealth Management account into e-delivery of statements within 2 months of account opening.
- Maintain the new funding through the end of the next month (or 3 months after the month of account enrollment).
How To Enroll In Citi Wealth Management Offer?
To enroll in this offer, you need to call Citi at 1-977-693-4543.
It’s not possible to activate this offer online.
$5,000 Cash Bonus Terms & Conditions
- Offer valid for clients who are 18 years or older who fund an eligible new or existing individual or joint Citi Personal Wealth Management account.
- To qualify, the entire amount of cash or securities to fund the account must be “New-To-Citi” and cannot be combined with existing balances from any other Citibank retail or Citi investment accounts.
- Cash or securities must come from an external, non-Citi, source through a standard transfer method (e.g., a standard Transfer of Assets form, check, electronic funds transfer, ADM deposit).
- “New-to-Citi Funds” are
- funds deposited from external accounts or payees other than Citibank, N.A.
- must be deposited using domestic ACH transfer, Direct Deposit, checks drawn on banks other than Citibank, N.A., wire transfer, trustee to trustee transfer, or ACAT securities transfers.
- Cash deposits, Citi Global Transfers, international ACH transfers, and person-to-person transfer services such as Apple Pay, PayPal, Venmo, and Zelle, do not qualify as New-to-Citi Funds.
- New-To-Citi funds may be deposited into a Citibank retail account and transferred to the new eligible CPWM account during the account funding period outlined in the chart below.
- Alternatively, New-To-Citi funds may be deposited into a Citibank retail account and transferred to an eligible existing individual or joint CPWM account, but not into an existing CPWM IRA account, during the account funding period. However, transfers of existing funds from a Citibank retail account are not considered New-To-Citi funds for the purpose of this promotion.
- Limit one bonus per customer. If multiple accounts are opened or funded by a customer, the offer will apply to the eligible account with the highest balance. Multiple account balances in the name of the same beneficial owner will not be aggregated for purposes of this offer, except if one account is a non-managed brokerage account and the other account is a managed account, in which case the eligible funding from these two accounts may be aggregated for bonus qualification purposes. Any additional accounts opened or funded during the promotional period will not be eligible for bonus eligibility. Citi Wealth Builder accounts are excluded from eligibility for this bonus. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- The promotion is only available for certain account types, including individual and joint accounts. Accounts not eligible for this promotion include but are not limited to corporate and other business/entity accounts, trust accounts (except Living Revocable Trusts and Family Revocable Trusts which are eligible), retirement plan accounts, other than IRAs and SEPs which are eligible for new accounts, but not for existing accounts (e.g., 401(k), money purchase pension plan, profit sharing plan, and other ERISA plan account), estate accounts, UGMA/UTMA accounts, 529 college savings plan accounts, robo-advisory accounts under the Citi Wealth Builder Program, and insurance products (including annuities).
- For questions about eligibility, please speak to a Citi Personal Wealth Management representative.
The Bottom Line
This is a great bonus that’s available to most people now that it’s valid for both new and existing Citi Personal Wealth Management accounts. The highest tiered bonus now gives $5,000 instead of $3,500.
The first bonus tier is the most rewarding since you’ll get $500 for depositing $50,000. You only have to maintain the money in the account for 2 months in order to get the bonus.
That amounts to an annualized return of 6%, which is excellent considering the low interest rate environment we’re experiencing.
Keep in mind you don’t have to invest the money in the account either. For those who don’t want to invest the principal balance, just leave it in the account until you get the bonus.