Amazon has a new promo where they are giving customers a $10 off a $60 purchase when they use at least 1 Discover point. The offer is targeted, but if you’re not eligible, there’s still a way to get the discount!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Overview of Discover $10 Off At Amazon Promo
Amazon is offering $10 off your order when you use at least 1 Discover point. People are getting different spending minimums though – it looks like there are 3 variations:
- Get $10 off $60 purchase
- Get $10 off $80 purchase
- Get $10 off $100 purchase
Direct Link [Amazon]
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here.
The link will bring you to the activation screen and tell you whether or not you’ve been targeted. The offer WON’T show up until you add a Discover card as a payment option and link your Discover Cashback Bonus point rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
Here’s the process for the discount to apply at checkout if you’re eligible:
- Link your Discover credit card to your Amazon account if you haven’t done so
- Add your Discover Cashback Bonus points account to Amazon if you haven’t done so
- Click the offer link above or click here to see if you’re targeted for the offer
- Add $60/$80/$100 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout and select your Discover card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Discover points you’d like to use for the purchase (use the minimum amount of 1 point)
- Receive a $10 discount off $100 order that will be automatically applied at checkout – no promo code needed
How do I add an Discover credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using your Discover Cashback Bonus points at Amazon since the redemption value is not great, but for this specific promotion you only need to use 1 Discover point to get the 20% discount.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need Amazon Prime to do this deal?
No, this deal is possible with any Amazon account.
Why isn’t the deal working for me?
- Make sure you’ve activated the offer
- Double-check that you have a Discover card as a payment option and that you’ve linked your Discover Cashback Bonus account
- Make sure that you’re applying at least 1 Discover point at checkout
If you are linking your Discover Cashback Bonus account to Amazon for the first time then it can take a few days before you may become “eligible” for the promotion. Wait a few days and try the offer link again.
Will it work if I did a similar deal in the past?
Yes, but sometimes you need to “clear” your account from the past deal. Try removing and re-adding your Discover as a payment option to see if this will prompt “eligibility”.
If that still doesn’t work, try the link again in a couple of days to see if this works.
These offers can open up over time so you can always check later if it does not work out this time around (it took me 6 days from re-adding my Discover card)
What other details do I need to know?
The most important one to remember is that the items need to be sold AND shipped by Amazon. How can you tell?
Chances are that the item is shipped by Amazon if it offers Prime Delivery, but it still could be sold by a third-party seller. To check that Amazon is selling and shipping it, check for this statement near the price tag. Here’s an example where you can find it:
- Amazon “Ready For School” Promotion: Get $20 Off $50 With American Express
- Get 30% To 40% Off At Amazon When Using 1 AMEX Point
- Receive $10 Off $50 At Amazon Prime Pantry (First Order Promo)
- Bonus $10 For Reloading Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
Here’s the terms and conditions… all of them if you’re bored:
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 9/30/2020, or (b) the time at which offers worth $300,000 have been redeemed. The promotion button will expire concurrently.Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $100 of eligible products, where Cashback Bonus is used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is activated and applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon.com Services LLC (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon.com Services LLC ” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10. Limit one promotion discount per Cashback Bonus eligible card. Limit one promotion discount per Amazon.com account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Cashback Bonus.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $10.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with a Cashback Bonus card issued in United States.
- Promotional discount is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
The Bottom Line
This isn’t the biggest offer Amazon has done for Discover credit card holders, but $10 is $10.