There’s a way for people to get $20 off of their next $50 Amazon order when they use only one Discover point. You can even use this discount on gift cards. See if you’re targeted for this offer below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
How do I check if I’m targeted?
Direct Link [Amazon]
Ninja Note: Want to see more Amazon offers? Check out all other active Amazon deals here.
The link will bring you to the activation screen. The offer WON’T show up until you add a Discover card as a payment option and link your Discover Cashback Bonus point rewards account to Amazon. If you haven’t done this, go to the next sections in this post where I’ll show you how.
You can also take advantage of this promotion even if you’ve already done so in the past. That’s also explained in a later section so scroll down if this applies to you.
How do I add an Discover credit card as a payment option?
Direct Link to Add Credit Card [Amazon]
You can also go there manually to add a credit card by going to “Your Account”, then “Payment options”, and then entering your credit card information:
Direct Link to Linking [Amazon]
When you are going through this process, be sure to select no when Amazon asks you if you want to use your points as the default payment for future purchases.
I wouldn’t recommend using your Discover Cashback Bonus points at Amazon since the redemption value is not great, but for this specific promotion you only need to use 1 Discover point to get the $20 discount.
Can I do this again if I already participated in an Amazon/Discover promotion?
Yes, but there’s a trick to it. If you already checked the link and it says you’re not eligible for offer, here’s how you can get around it:
- Delete all Discover cards as a payment option on Amazon
- Add at least one Discover card back on
- Re-enroll the ability to use Discover points
- Try activating the offer again
- If that doesn’t work, try again for a few days
It took me 2 days to get the offer to show up again, but once it took as long as a week.
What other details do I need to know?
The most important one to remember is that the items need to be sold AND shipped by Amazon. How can you tell?
Chances are that the item is shipped by Amazon if it offers Prime Delivery, but it still could be sold by a third-party seller. To check that Amazon is selling and shipping it, check for this statement near the price tag. Here’s an example where you can find it:
- Get 20% Off At Amazon Using Just 1 AMEX Point
- Receive $10 Off $50 At Amazon Prime Pantry (First Order Promo)
- Bonus $10 For Reloading Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
- Get $15 Amazon Credit For Trying Amazon Photos
Here are the terms and conditions:
- The promotion will end 11:59 PT on 3/31/2022, or when 80,000 customers have redeemed the offer. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10 per eligible Discover Cashback Bonus enrolled Card.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Cashback Bonus eligible card.
The Bottom Line
This is very similar to the other Discover deal that Amazon offers, but that was a percentage off whereas this is a fixed dollar amount. Both are great deals and offer what is essentially the same discount for your $50 in spend.