Google Pay is offering an $11 referral bonus when you refer friends during Superbowl weekend. The person being referred will get $5 too! Check out Google Pay’s (GPay) Superbowl referral promotion!
Google Pay Overview
Google relaunched Google Pay (GPay) towards the end of 2020 after announcing major new features.
The biggest update is a Venmo-like ability to pay people, groups, and businesses. You can also split payment for things like dinner or rent – and even use Google Pay to order food or buy gas, all from within the app.
Google Pay Referral $11 Offer
Ninja Note: Interested in more Google Pay deals? Search this site for other available Google Pay deals.
To celebrate Superbowl weekend, Google is offering a referral bonus of $11 when you refer a friend to Google Pay and they make a qualifying payment. The person you refer will also get $5.
A qualifying payment is considered a payment of $10 or more (sending money to friends counts as qualifying payment).
Google Pay $11 Referral Bonus Terms & Conditions
- Google Pay referral offer expires on February 8, 2021.
- Both you and your friend must be opted into Google Pay rewards to be eligible.
- Your friend must be new to Google Pay and must not have accepted previous referrals.
- Your friend needs to make a qualifying transaction of $10 or more.
- While supplies last, for each of your first 5 referrals you could get $11 for yourself and $5 for your eligible referred friend when they sign up with your unique referral code and make their first qualifying payment of $10 or more within the period (Feb 6-7, 2021). Qualifying payment includes:
- Sending money to a friend they haven’t paid before; OR
- Making a contactless payment in-store (NFC-enabled Android phones only)
- You can earn a maximum of 5 referral rewards with this offer.
- You must not send referral invitations to individuals you don’t know; or via bots or automated systems.
Other Referral Offers:
- Arcadia Power: $10 Per Person + $1,000 Bonus For 10 People
- Chime Referral Bonus: $75 Sign-Up + $75 Referral
- SoFi Referral Program: $50 to $300
The Bottom Line
When Google Pay was relaunched, they offered $21 for both the person referring and the person getting referred. They didn’t place a limit on the number of people you can refer and well… people went BONKERS. Some users made thousands of dollars referring friends, family, ANYONE.
It was too popular of a promotion. Google started to catch on and a few days later limited the number of people a person can refer to 3.
Then they reduced the referral offer to $10 a couple of days afterwards. Some days later, they changed the referral amount to a random number between $1-$10 and it has been sitting there ever since.
Although the $11 here for referring someone and getting $5 for joining through a referral link is not as great compared to when GPay was launched, it’s better than the “new” normal.
There’s also a money-making opportunity with Google Pay and Walmart+ that I posted earlier.
Feel free to leave your referrals in the comment section. DO NOT SPAM. If I see multiple links by the same person, I’ll mark it as such (which will make it harder for you to comment in the future).
Once a referral link is used, please make a comment letting everyone know so readers can move on to the next link.