HSBC is offering a $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete qualifying activities. See the full details of this promotion below!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
HSBC Checking $450 Bonus
HSBC Bank is one of the world’s largest banks and now they’re offering one of the largest bonuses as a welcome deposit.
For a limited time, HSBC is offering a $450 bonus when customers open a new HSBC Premier checking account and make qualifying direct deposits.
How to Earn the HSBC $450 Bonus
To earn the bonus of $450, it requires you to open a new HSBC Premier checking account and make direct deposits of $5,000 or more per month for three consecutive months.
Read below to see the full details of the bonus requirements, check to see if you’re eligible for the offer, and the promotion’s terms and conditions:
- Open a HSBC Premier checking account using the links in this offer page
- Make recurring Qualifying Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000 per month from a third party to your HSBC Premier checking account for 3 consecutive calendar months from the second full calendar month after account opening
- Receive the $450 Welcome Deposit bonus in your new HSBC Premier checking account automatically within eight weeks after completing all qualifying activities
- You must be 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number
- Current U.S. residential address and a U.S. residential address for the past one year
- Customers who held any HSBC consumer deposit or investment account from August 31, 2018 through and including August 31, 2021 are not eligible for this offer
Household Limit: None
Direct Deposit Required: $5,000 per month for 3 consecutive calendar months
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Offer Terms & Conditions
- Qualifying Direct Deposits are electronic deposits of regular periodic payments (such as salary, pension, Government Benefits or other monthly income) made into your HSBC Premier checking account from third parties at least once per calendar month.
- Limit one Welcome Deposit per customer, including all individual and joint accounts — the first line name on the joint account is considered the customer for gift purposes.
- Your HSBC Premier checking account must be open without being changed to a product with lower balance requirements and in good standing at time of bonus fulfillment.
HSBC Premier Checking Account
The HSBC Premier checking account is HSBC’s top-tier consumer checking account.
The HSBC Premier checking account features benefits that include unlimited rebates on non-HSBC ATM withdrawals, global transfers, and preferred HSBC mortgage rates.
The account comes with a $50 monthly maintenance fee that is waived for the first six months. After six months, the monthly fee can continue to be waived by:
- Maintaining an minimum balance of $75,000 in combined U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment balances OR
- Making direct deposits of at least $5,000 or more per month OR
- Having an HSBC U.S. residential mortgage loan with an original mortgage value of at least $500,000
The Bottom Line
This $450 HSBC checking account bonus is on the higher end of bank account bonus offers, but the $5,000 monthly direct deposit requirement for 3 consecutive months is also on the higher side.
I personally think it’s worth your time to grab any bank bonuses that your situation allows you too. I definitely do – it gives me an incentive to try out a bank I might not have otherwise.
If this offer is too difficult for you, check out my list of the best bank bonuses to find an easier promotion. For example, Chase is offering a $225 bonus to open an account and make a direct deposit of any amount.