Marcus by Goldman Sachs is offering a $100 bonus for both new and existing customers when they add new funds in a savings account!
Marcus By Goldman Sachs
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is a brand of Goldman Sachs Bank USA that rewards savers with higher payouts.
It’s an online bank that was launched in 2016 with 3 guiding principles:
Marcus offers high-yield savings accounts, high-yield Certificates of Deposits (CDs), and no-fee personal loans. As of December 2020, the bank had $96 billion in deposits.
Marcus Savings $100 Bonus Offer
Marcus is offering $100 when you deposit $10,000 or more in new funds into a new or existing Online Savings Account within 10 days of enrollment.
You must maintain those funds plus your current balance for at least 90 days.
This bonus is stackable with other deals from Marcus Bank – see the bottom of this post for my commentary on that.
How To Get $100 Bonus
To claim your Marcus $100 bonus, simply follow these 3 steps:
- Open an Account or Log In: Enroll as either a New Customer or Current Customer (no offer code required).
- Deposit Funds: Within 10 days of enrolling, deposit $10,000 or more in new funds. Keep the funds in your account for 90 days.
- Receive $100: Success! Marcus will automatically deposit $100 into your new account within 14 days of completing the bonus requirements.
Where Do I Enroll?
Ninja Update 8/29/21: The $100 offer has expired – we’ll update this link as it should be back at some point. There’s a similar Chase Bank offer available.
Looking for other bank bonuses? See the list of the best bank bonuses currently available on this page.
You can enroll with the link provided above. On the landing page, click the blue ‘Enroll now‘ text button to start the process.
Enrolling in the offer is super easy with no promo code or offer code required. You can create a new Marcus account or log in to your existing Marcus account for this $100 promotion.
- List Of The Best Bank Account Bonuses
- What Counts As A Direct Deposit When It Comes To Bank Sign Up Bonuses
What Are The Details?
Availability: Nationwide (new and existing customers)
Household Limit: None (everyone in your family can get the bonus!)
Direct Deposit Required: No
Hard/Soft Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Fortunately, there are NO monthly fees to worry about and there’s no early account termination fees either!
Terms & Conditions
Here are the $100 savings bonus offer terms:
- Offer valid from 1/15/21 to 2/12/21. To qualify for the $100 Savings Bonus, you must first enroll in this offer at http://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/osa-savingsbonus-1 or by calling Marcus at 1-855-730-SAVE (1-855-730-7283) by 11:59 PM EST on 2/12/21. Upon successful enrollment you will receive a confirmation of your enrollment via email or U.S. mail.
- After enrollment, you must deposit $10,000 or more in new funds (internal transfers won’t count) into your Marcus Online Savings Account within 10 days of enrollment and maintain at least $10,000 of those new funds in that account in addtion to the account to the account balance at the time of enrollment for 90 consecutive days from the date of reaching the required dollar amount. Multiple deposits are allowed to reach the required dollar amount and can be made by joint owners for a joint account.
- Offer available to new and existing customers. Each customer is limited to one bonus offer, which can only be applied to a single account. For eligibility purposes, each joint owner will be treated as a separate customer. For example, if you apply the bonus offer to a joint account, the remaining joint owner(s) may apply this offer to another account they own if they have not done so already.
- The bonus will be deposited into your account within 14 days after fulfilling the above requirements. To receive your bonus, your account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus is deposited in your account. The bonus will be treated as interest for tax reporting purposes.
- We reserve the right to modify or revoke this offer at any time without notice. If we determine that you have engaged in or plan to engage in abuse or gaming in connection with this offer, you will not be eligible for this offer.
The Bottom Line
Good deal on its own, but it becomes a really good deal when you combine it with other Marcus deals.
Locking up $10,000 for 90 days for a $100 bonus gives you a return of approximately 4% APY. The Marcus savings account also provides a .50% interest rate. Together, this is a total return of 4.5% APY.
That’s better than most savings account… but wait, there’s more!
Stacking Opportunity #1
You can get an extra .10% APY from Marcus if you’re an AARP member, which you can make money from joining through Swagbucks.
Stacking Opportunity #2
New Marcus customers can sign up with a referral link from an existing customer and get an extra .20% APY for 3 months.
Coincidentally, 3 months is the same time is takes to get the $100 bonus so this stacks very nicely together.