PayPal is offering a $10 referral bonus for both the person signing up and the person referring. Check out PayPal’s latest referral promo!
For more current bank offers, see our bank bonuses page. The most popular offers are from Chase Bank, SoFi, and Axos Bank.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Founded in December 1998 in Palo Alto, CA, PayPal is the pioneer of online payment systems. It helped launch a peer-to-peer payment revolution.
Today, there are numerous online money transfer companies, and all of them have referral bonuses to encourage people to sign up. Apps like Cash App, Google Pay, and Venmo have the best welcome offers.
Although PayPal acquired Venmo for $800 million in 2013 when it was still a startup, the two platforms continue to operate separately. If you sign up for both services, you’re still eligible for a bonus on each platform.
PayPal Referral Bonus
When you invite your friend or family to join PayPal, you’ll both get $10. You can earn up to 5 friends during this promotion, earning a maximum of $50. See the referral terms and conditions.
Simply send 1 cent to their email address, have them sign up for PayPal, and you’ll each get $10 as soon as they send or spend $5.
Create a PayPal account today and start referring your friends!
How To Get Referral Bonus
- Create a PayPal account using this link.
- Send 1 cent to a pal who doesn’t have PayPal
- Ask them to sign up and link their bank account or debit/credit card
- When they spend or send $5+, we’ll send you both ten bucks
PayPal $10 Referral Offer Terms & Conditions
- You may only refer family and personal friends and acquaintances. Additionally, you must not publish or distribute the invitation to participate that you received from PayPal in public locations (online or otherwise) where the audience is likely to include people who are not your family or personal friends/acquaintances. If you do so, PayPal may disqualify you from participation in the Program and any successful referrals will be void, in PayPal’s sole discretion.
- A referrer may refer a referee by sending $0.01 to the referee via “Send Money” payment in the app or web by providing the referee’s phone number or email address.
- The referrer can claim a reward for a maximum of 5 referees per calendar year that satisfy the following “Reward Criteria”: (i) access and complete the PayPal sign up process to claim the referrer’s $0.01; (ii) link his/her bank, credit card or debit card to their PayPal account; (iii) verify their cell number linked to their PayPal account; and (iv) complete an Eligible Transaction (defined below). An “Eligible Transaction” means: (a) an online PayPal checkout payment of $5.00 USD or more using the referee’s new PayPal account that is marked as “complete” in the referee’s account; or (b) a person-to-person payment of $5.00 USD or more using the “Send Money” feature within PayPal (sent to anyone other than the referrer) using the referee’s new PayPal account that is marked as ‘received’ by the recipient.
Other Referral Offers:
- Chime Referral Bonus: $100 Sign-Up Offer
- Sofi Promotions: $275 Checking + Savings Account Bonus
- Webull: Free Stocks Offer
The Bottom Line
The standard referral bonus is $5, so this is a good offer. But in my opinion, it’s going to be very hard to find somebody without a PayPal account these days.
If you don’t have PayPal, you can ask for an invitation from a community member here, but for those with PayPal accounts already, I wouldn’t post your email address for readers to contact you.
Read PayPal’s terms and conditions above carefully. Okay, if you don’t, I can summarize it:
Do NOT publicly refer people by posting your email address for referral invitations.
PayPal is very clear that we can’t share invitations publicly. I don’t want readers to run the risk of getting disqualified from PayPal. You won’t get banned, but they may stop you from getting referral bonuses in the future.
I’m trying to remember how friends paid each other before peer-to-peer payments became a thing. Did people actually carry cash back then?!? I certainly didn’t!
17 thoughts on “PayPal Referral: $10 For Both People”
the person you send the penny to has to spend at least $5 using paypal it says. Does this mean I have to use the paypal balance for this to work? Or can I order something from Target online store and pay with paypal using my debit card? (instead of Paypal balance)
Completing one of the following gets you the bonus:
1) an online PayPal checkout payment of $5.00 USD or more that is marked as “complete” 2) a person-to-person payment of $5.00 USD or more using the “Send Money” feature within PayPal (sent to anyone other than the referrer) that is marked as ‘received’ by the recipient.
You can order something from the Target online store and pay using a linked debit card on your PayPal account (it falls under #1 above).
Can someone send me a pay pal invite?
Hey, we can both earn $10 when you join PayPal and spend $5. Use my link: [link deleted]
Editor’s Note: PayPal does not allow you to share your link publicly.
is it available in all country?
Wording is funny….It’s kind of misleading since I was referred and completed the requirements and I only recieved a $5 gift reward from PayPal. The person who referred me also only recieved a $5 gift reward from PayPal after I spent more than the $5 required for the promo. So it’s a total of $10 that’s awarded to both accounts to split = $5 each and NOT $10 each…?
Hi Jeff – I actually did mean $10 each ($10 for the referral and $10 for the referee). Maybe you have a different offer. Can you check what you have in your PayPal account if you were to refer a friend? Perhaps the promotion is different depending on the account.
I guess it’s only working for US and UK
Can anyone send me an invitation? Jackshimono@yahoo.com.br
please check your gmail
Can you send me a invite Sroeber83@gmail.com
I need a promo code,though I have a PayPal account I need some one to invite me so that I can use that promo code to invite afriend.
Anyone need an invite?
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will send back invite link instantly 🙂
Any one invite me: [invite sent by reader – no longer needed]
I tried sending you one, but it looks like you created an account already? It says your email address is not valid for this promo.
Could you send me an ivitation. My email: [invite sent by reader – no longer needed]
Could you send me an invite email@example.com