PayPal is offering a $10 referral bonus for both the person signing up and the person referring. Check out PayPal’s latest referral promo!
PayPal is the OG of online payment systems. At the risk of offending some readers, you really have to be living in an igloo for most of the 1990s and 2000s if you’ve never heard of PayPal before.
I’m trying to remember how friends paid each other before peer-to-peer payments became a thing. Did people actually carry cash back then?!? I certainly didn’t!
Today, there’s numerous online money transfer companies like Google Pay (which has a $21 referral deal), Cash App, and Venmo. Venmo is owned by PayPal, which in 2013 bought the then start-up for $800 million.
PayPal $10 Referral Offer
When you invite your friend or family to join PayPal, you’ll both get $10. You can earn up to 5 friends during this promotion, earning a maximum of $50.
Simply send 1 cent to their email address, have them sign up for PayPal, and you’ll each get $10 as soon as they send or spend $5.
How To Get PayPal Referral Bonus
- Send 1 cent to a pal who doesn’t have PayPal
- Ask them to sign up and link their bank account or debit/credit card
- When they spend or send $5+, we’ll send you both ten bucks
PayPal $10 Referral Offer Terms & Conditions
- You may only refer family and personal friends and acquaintances. Additionally, you must not publish or distribute the invitation to participate that you received from PayPal in public locations (online or otherwise) where the audience is likely to include people who are not your family or personal friends/acquaintances. If you do so, PayPal may disqualify you from participation in the Program and any successful referrals will be void, in PayPal’s sole discretion.
- A referrer may refer a referee by sending $0.01 to the referee via “Send Money” payment in the app or web by providing the referee’s phone number or email address.
- The referrer can claim a reward for a maximum of 5 referees per calendar year that satisfy the following “Reward Criteria”: (i) access and complete the PayPal sign up process to claim the referrer’s $0.01; (ii) link his/her bank, credit card or debit card to their PayPal account; (iii) verify their cell number linked to their PayPal account; and (iv) complete an Eligible Transaction (defined below). An “Eligible Transaction” means: (a) an online PayPal checkout payment of $5.00 USD or more using the referee’s new PayPal account that is marked as “complete” in the referee’s account; or (b) a person-to-person payment of $5.00 USD or more using the “Send Money” feature within PayPal (sent to anyone other than the referrer) using the referee’s new PayPal account that is marked as ‘received’ by the recipient.
Other Referral Offers:
- Chime Referral Bonus: $75 Sign-Up + $75 Referral
- SoFi Referral Program: $50 to $300
- Webull: Earn 2 Free Stocks Worth Up To $1,750
The Bottom Line
Read PayPal’s terms and conditions above carefully. Okay, if you don’t, I can summarize it in five words:
DO NOT SHARE REFERRAL INVITATIONS.
PayPal is very clear that we can’t share invitations publicly. I don’t want readers to run the risk of getting disqualified or banned from PayPal.
The standard referral bonus is $5, so this is a good offer. But in my opinion, it’s going to be very hard to find somebody without a PayPal account these days. Unless you find one of those igloo folks I mentioned at the beginning of this post 🙂