Get a $100 bonus when you open an Ally Invest account and set up automated recurring transfers of at least $50. You can also earn a $200 bonus when you open a checking account with promo code GET200.
Full details of the latest Ally Invest promotions, offers, and bonuses below.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Offer #1: Ally Invest $100 Bonus Offer
Ally is offering a $100 bonus an Ally Invest Self-Directed account and set up a monthly automated recurring transfer of at least $50.
Eligible accounts – New Ally Invest Securities Self-Directed Trading account or Ally Invest Advisors Robo Portfolio account.
Excluded accounts – Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) and trust accounts are not eligible.
How To Get Investing Bonus – Step-by-Step Directions:
- Open a new Ally Invest Self-Directed Trading account or Robo Portfolio account by 12/31/2023 via this link.
- Set up and start a $50 minimum monthly automated recurring transfer from any bank within 30 days of account opening and complete at least three consecutive monthly transfers.
- Receive a $100 bonus within 30 days of making your third consecutive monthly transfer.
Ally Invest $100 Bonus Terms & Conditions:
- Only current Ally Bank and Ally Auto customers who receive access to this offer directly from Ally Invest are eligible.
- This is an online offer only – there are no in-person, mail-in, call-in, or other offline methods to participate.
- Opening an account without using the links provided on this page will disqualify you from receiving the bonus.
- The links are good for opening one account only. You may open an individual or joint account, but only one $100 bonus will be paid into an account.
- Your new eligible Ally Invest account must be open and in good standing at the time of the bonus payout to receive your bonus within 30 days after your third consecutive monthly transfer, to be paid directly to an Ally Invest Self-Directed Trading account or Robo Portfolio account you own. If you open more than one Ally Invest Self-Directed Trading account or Robo Portfolio, Ally Invest will pick an account to fulfill. You will receive an email with your bonus details closer to bonus payout.
- The bonus will only be paid directly to an Ally Invest account, not by check or transfer to another account. Ally Invest, in its sole discretion, can decline an account application or cancel payment of the bonus.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change and this offer may be withdrawn without notice.
- Ally will treat the bonus as interest for tax reporting purposes. You should talk to your tax advisor about potential impacts to your tax liability.
- Transfer Fee Credit – Account owners who complete a first-time ACAT transfer of $2,500 or more are eligible to receive a transfer fee credit of $75 to cover the outgoing transfer fee from the current brokerage firm. The credit will be deposited into the new account within 30 days of the receipt of evidence of charge. The credit cannot be applied to Termination or Maintenance Fees.
Offer #2: Ally Checking Account $200 Bonus
Ally Bank is offering a $200 bonus when you open a new checking account and make at least $1,500 in direct deposits within 90 days of account opening.
How To Get Checking Bonus – Step-by-Step Directions:
- Open a new Ally Bank Spending Account by 10/13/2023 via this link.
- Enter offer code GET200 during the application process (it should already be prefilled).
- Make direct deposits totaling at least $1,500 within 90 days of account opening.
- Receive a $200 bonus within 30 days of completing $1,500 in direct deposits.
Ally Checking $200 Bonus Terms & Conditions:
- New Customers can get a cash bonus of $200 for opening and funding a new Ally Bank Spending Account using offer code GET200, setting up a Qualifying Direct Deposit, and receiving at least $1,500 in Qualifying Direct Deposit payments within ninety (90) days from opening a new Eligible Account.
- “New Customer” is someone who does not currently have, nor within the last twelve (12) months has had, an Ally Bank Spending Account(s) [formerly known as Ally Bank Interest Checking Account], at any ownership level, whether it be primary owner, joint/secondary owner, or fiduciary owner.
- Additionally, customers who received a cash bonus from Ally Bank within the last twelve months for setting up QDD, regardless of account type, are not eligible for this bonus and not considered a New Customer.
- “Eligible Account” is a New Ally Bank Spending Account, opened by a New Customer, with standard ownership structure (formal trust, Uniform Gift to Minors Act (UGMA) accounts, Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA) accounts, and other fiduciary ownership are excluded).
- “Account Opening & Funding Period” – To receive the $200 bonus you must open your new Eligible Account no later than November 30, 2023, and we may shorten this timeframe without notice. There is no minimum funding amount to open; however, your new Eligible Account must be funded within thirty (30) days of account opening, otherwise it will automatically close. Note a trial deposit may be required when setting up the transfer from your other financial institution – this trial deposit is not considered to be a funding transaction.
- Direct Deposit Requirement – You’ll have ninety (90) days from when you open your new Eligible Account (during the Account Opening & Funding Period) to receive a minimum of $1,500 of Qualifying Direct Deposit payments in your Eligible Account to qualify for the $200 bonus.
- By participating in this offer, we reserve the right to consider you ineligible for other offers that involve opening an Ally Bank Spending Account and/or Savings Account, and/or other offers that involve establishing direct deposit payments, that Ally Bank may have in market, both present day or in the future through December 31, 2024. If you participate in more than one offer at the same time, the first offer for which you meet the requirements will be the one that we fulfill. If we believe you’re trying to game or abuse this offer or any other offers, we reserve the right to revoke your eligibility for this offer and any other offers.
- This is an online offer only—there are no in-person, mail-in, call-in, or other offline methods to participate.
- Ally Bank will treat the bonus as interest for tax reporting purposes. You should talk to your tax advisor about potential impacts to your tax liability.
Previous Offer: Ally Invest $3,000 Bonus Offer
Ally is offering a bonus of up to $3,000 when you open an Ally Invest Self-Directed account.
The bonus amount you’ll receive is based on the total deposits or transfers that happen over the first 60 days of account opening. Here are the cash bonus levels by deposit/transfer amounts:
|$1MM – $1.99MM||$2,000|
|$500k – $999.9k||$1,200|
|$250k – $499.9k||$600|
|$100k – $249.9k||$300|
|$25k – $99.9k||$250|
|$10k – $24.9k||$100|
In addition to the bonus offer, you’ll also get free trades for 90 days.
How To Enroll In $3,000 Bonus Promotion:
- You must open an Ally Invest account through the offer link by September 30, 2022.
- Fund your account with a deposit(s) and/or transfer(s) within 60 days of account opening.
- Receive a bonus based on your cumulative deposits/transfers within 10 business days after the end of the 60-day account opening period.
How To Transfer Funds From Another Brokerage:
To transfer from another brokerage, log into your account, select Transfers, then Investments, and then choose From Another Firm.
If you’re transferring funds from another brokerage, Ally Invest will credit you the transfer fee your other brokerage may charge, up to $150, when you complete a first-time account transfer for $2,500 or more. Your credit will be deposited to your account within 30 days of receipt of evidence of charge.
Ally Invest $3,000 Bonus Terms & Conditions
- The minimum qualifying deposit to receive a cash bonus is $10,000.
- Accounts will be reviewed 60 days after account opening to determine the total qualifying deposit.
- Corresponding cash bonus will be credited to the account within 10 business days
- Once the bonus is credited to the account, the bonus and qualifying deposit (minus any trading losses) is not available for withdrawal for 300 days.
- If the qualifying deposit is withdrawn, the bonus may be revoked.
Additional terms and conditions for the promotional offer can be found here.
The Bottom Line
Please remember that the latest promotion of $100 is targeted. Ally typically launches promotions that are targeted to a select class of users, with the recent exception being the $3,000 account opening bonus (now expired) that was publicly available when it launched in 2022.
That offer was excellent and rivals the Chase Private Client and Citi Personal Wealth Management bonuses (Chase is offering a $3,000 bonus for those that can deposit $500,000 while Citi is offering a $3,500 bonus for those that can fund their account with $2,000,000).
The current bonus of $100 is much smaller, but a lot easier to complete as it only requires three small automatic transfers of $50 each. If you’re targeted, it’d be something I would do. Normally I’d advise readers to hold out for a higher bonus, but it’s been over a year since they released a public offer.
I’ll include this in my list of the best bank bonuses.