Chase is offering a 100,000 point sign-up bonus on the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card! This is the first time ever that Chase has offered 100k points for this card. Learn more about this deal before it disappears!
Ninja Update 2/28/22: This offer has expired, but there’s a 80,000 points version you could get.
Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K Sign-Up Offer
Chase has launched the best offer ever for its Chase Sapphire Preferred card!
You’ll get 100,000 points when you sign up and spend $4,000 on your card within the first 3 months from account opening.
This is an insane bonus worth at least $1,000 in actual cash, but you can easily stretch that value to $1,250 or higher! You can read all about this in my card overview a few sections below.
How To Apply For The Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K Bonus
This new 100,000 offer is available online using the direct links in this post. It will also become available in Chase branches on June 17th.
It doesn’t look like referral links (refer-a-friend links) have this offer, but it’s possible referral links will also get upgraded to the 100,000 bonus offer soon.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card Overview
While the Sapphire Preferred card does have a $95 annual fee that’s not waived for the first year, it has many benefits that most people find it worthwhile to pay for:
- Sapphire Preferred earns:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Points are worth 25% more when redeemed on Chase’s travel portal (airfare and hotels)
- Transfer points to popular airlines and hotels
- No foreign transaction fee
- Purchase Protection – covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim
- Extended Warranty – extends U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year
- Trip Delay Insurance – if travel is delayed more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay, you and your family are covered for unreimbursed expenses, such as meals and lodging, up to $500 per ticket (see how I got paid $1,000 when my flight was delayed)
- Trip Cancellation – if your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather, and other covered conditions, you can be reimbursed up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip
- Baggage Delay Insurance – reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 5 days
- Primary Car Rental Insurance
How To Use 100,000 Points
Like I said earlier, if you want straight up cash, you can actually redeem 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points for $1,000 by simply logging on to your Chase card account online and requesting that option.
The system will convert 100,000 points to $1,000 and then you can either withdraw the money directly to your bank account.
However, if you use the points on the Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Portal, your points are worth 25% more for a total value of $1,250.
But wait, that’s not all! (cue the cheesy 2:00am infomercial voice).
The ultimate way to maximize your Chase points is to transfer it to airline or hotel rewards programs.
For example, you can convert 66,000 Chase points to 66,000 United Airlines miles and fly business class on Lufthansa from Washington, D.C. to Frankfurt, Germany for just $37.80 in taxes:
If you were to pay cash for that same flight, it would costs you $6,251.40!
Talk about outsized gains!
Now, you wouldn’t actually pay $6,000+ for a one-way flight to Europe (or maybe you will and you’re an ultra-rich ninja reader), but you get the idea. You can get much more value by transferring the points to airline and hotel programs and booking directly with them.
100,000 Bonus Points Terms & Conditions
- Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening (that’s $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards).
- This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months.
- 100,000 bonus points is the best offer that Sapphire Preferred has ever had.
Free Stock Offers:
|6 Free Stocks||Link|
|10 Free Stocks||Link|
|1 Free Stock (Up To $1,000)||Link|
|1 Free Stock ($25)||Link|
|Up to $500||Link|
|1 Free Stock (Up To $225)||Link|
|$20 Cash + AMZN Free Stock||Link|
|$250 Stock Bonus||Link|
|$10 Cash Bonus||Link|
|$20 Cash Bonus||Link|
The Bottom Line
This is an excellent card that I used to have before I upgraded to the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
The Sapphire Reserve card isn’t for everyone though because it has a hefty annual fee of $550. Unless you’re a frequent traveler, the Sapphire Preferred is probably the better choice and it’s definitely the better option with the current 100,000 sign-up bonus.
This card launched in 2009 and we’ve never seen a bonus this high. The highest offer previously was 80,000 points.
I’m a believer in never say never, but I don’t think we’ll ever have a bonus higher than this (I said “ever” not “never” so my belief holds true).
Jump with both feet and jump fast 🙂