U.S. Bank is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account and complete qualifying activities.
Full details of this checking bonus below. Here are other U.S. Bank promotions you may be interested in.
For more current bank offers, see our bank bonuses page. The most popular offers are from Chase Bank, SoFi, and Axos Bank.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
U.S. Bank $300 Checking Bonus Offer
Open a U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account and get a $300 bonus when you complete the following activities:
- Open a new U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account using this link.
- Enter promo code 22WEB11 during sign-up (code automatically entered when you use our link).
- Enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank mobile app within 60 days of account opening.
- Complete two or more direct deposits totaling $5,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Receive a $300 bonus deposited into your U.S. Bank checking account.
Checking Bonus Details
Availability: AZ, AR, CA, CO, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, SD, TN, UT, WA, WI, WY (or nationwide for those who already have a relationship with U.S. Bank)
Expiration: December 19, 2022
Household Limit: 1 bonus per household
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, $5,000
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Who qualifies for the bonus?
You qualify for this offer if you live within U.S. Bank’s geographic footprint. They have over 3,000 branches and more than 4,800 ATMs, so there’s a good chance you’re within their operational area.
Along with the location requirement, you can’t:
- be a current U.S. Bank personal checking account customer OR
- have or had a U.S. Bank personal checking account in the last 2 years OR
- received any bonus offers from U.S. Bank in the last 2 years
The Smartly™ Checking account has a monthly fee of $6.95. The service fee can be waived if you do ONE of the following:
U.S. Smartly™ Checking Account:
- Have combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more OR
- Keep a minimum average account balance of $1,500 or more OR
- Hold an eligible U.S. Bank credit card OR
- Qualify for one of the four Smart Rewards™ tiers (Primary, Plus, Premium or Pinnacle) OR
- Be a military member (requires self disclosure) OR
- Be under the age of 24 or over the age of 65
$300 Bonus Offer Terms & Conditions
- Earn a $300 bonus by opening a new U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking account (excluding Safe Debit Account).
- You must use the promotion code listed on this offer when you apply. If you navigate away from this page, the promotion code is not automatically included and you will need to manually input the code during your application.
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account.
- The checking account must be opened online. Additionally, you must:
- enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App within 60 days of opening your account
- complete two or more direct deposits within 60 days of opening your account totaling $5,000 or more
- The checking bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification and verification of enrollment in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App as long as your account is open and has a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
The Bottom Line
This is one of the bigger bonuses I’ve seen for U.S. Bank when applying online. There’s a $400 version sometimes offered in the branches, but it’s not common and I wouldn’t bank (pun intended) on it.
Banking products are state specific, but is available nationwide if you’re an existing U.S. Bank customer. For instance, if you have a U.S. Bank credit card, you can login with your existing credentials and take part in the bank bonuses.
U.S. Bank is a Fortune 500 company with a solid reputation, so I don’t have any concerns about receiving the bonus as long as requirements are met. I would have done this deal already, but unfortunately it’s not available in the Boston area.
8 thoughts on “U.S. Bank $300 Checking Account Bonus”
I have seen a few people claim they got the bonus posted around 09 July 2020 and I also read somewhere that they do the bonuses like that once a month. I personally am not sure which promo code I opened with on 28 May 2020. I was seeing that it was expiring on 29 June 2020. I emailed the bank and they told me I did not have a promo code on my account and I have heard that from quite a few people in the last couple years. I am not sure if they use a new promo code every time they open it backup but it does seem that it starts back up fairly quick after the experation date.
Well they emailed me back today and told me that the promo code I gave to her was not expired and I should now get the bonus if I met the requirements. I am fairly certain that 2 direct deposits of $1000 each for a total of $2000 would satisfy the direct deposit requirement for the bonus. It also took care of the $6.95 monthly maintenance. In fact they charged me the $6.95 and then credited it as well. And the 6.95 put me in the hole and they charged me $36.00 for being negative and then gave me the $36 back. I was in the hole previous to that and got a $36.00 charge for some petty amount that they refused to remove and now this (my first time trying the “Churn” is starting to eat into my $300 bonus that I am fairly hopeful I will receive. I wish that I could get the Wells Fargo checking for $400. Every time I go to fund the Wells Fargo checking online it stops and tellls me I have to go to their brick and mortar to sign up. It is 2 blocks away closed for Covid19. I hope this might help someone and I hope that someone tell me something like which code is which? I thought 20WEB05 was the one expiring 06/29/2020 that I signed up for but I just saw they were using it on this blog. Then I saw this one just the last couple days and I thought it was for the new ones using QF73E92.
What other blog are you seeing these comments from?
Generalizing here, most banks have reoccuring bonuses; once a bank bonus ends, they tend to have another one. However, the promo code may change as you spoke of. What matters is using the right promo code for the promotion time period.
As for the $6.95 monthly fee, as long as you do one of the items I wrote above every month, that fee should be waived.
Just to make sure I understand the DD requirement correctly. Two or more DD that total $2,000, meaning each DD must be $2000, or it’s $2000 combined (for example 2 DD each $1000 completes the requirement).
definitely the latter
Bonus posted, confirming it works by pushing funds from Fidelity.
Anyone with data on when the bonus gets posted? Like how many days after you fulfill the requirements?
What about the bonus for the business checking?
Yes, there’s a bonus for businesses too. See this U.S. Banking Business Checking account bonus post.