U.S. Bank is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account and complete qualifying activities.
Full details of this checking bonus below. Here are other U.S. Bank promotions you may be interested in.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to make a purchase through my links. Visit this page for more information. The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
U.S. Bank $300 Checking Bonus Offer
Update 12/01/23: This offer has expired, but there’s a better $800 promotion for this account! See the details here.
Open a U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account and get a $300 bonus when you complete the following activities:
- Open a new U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account online using this link.
- Enter promo code 23WEB06 during sign-up (code automatically entered when you use our link).
- Enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank mobile app within 60 days of account opening.
- Complete two or more direct deposits totaling $6,000 or more within 90 days of account opening.
- Receive a $300 bonus deposited into your U.S. Bank checking account.
Checking Bonus Details
Availability: AZ, AR, CA, CO, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, SD, TN, UT, WA, WI, WY (or nationwide for those who already have a relationship with U.S. Bank)
Expiration: September 6, 2023
Household Limit: No
Direct Deposit Required: Yes, $6,000
Early Account Termination Fee: None
Who qualifies for the bonus?
You qualify for this offer if you live within U.S. Bank’s geographic footprint. They have over 3,000 branches and more than 4,800 ATMs, so there’s a good chance you’re within their operational area.
Along with the location requirement, you can’t:
- be a current U.S. Bank personal checking account customer OR
- have or had a U.S. Bank personal checking account in the last 2 years OR
- received any bonus offers from U.S. Bank in the last 2 years
The Smartly™ Checking account has a monthly fee of $6.95. The service fee can be waived if you do ONE of the following:
U.S. Smartly™ Checking Account:
- Have combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more OR
- Keep a minimum average account balance of $1,500 or more OR
- Hold an eligible U.S. Bank credit card OR
- Qualify for one of the four Smart Rewards™ tiers (Primary, Plus, Premium or Pinnacle) OR
- Be a military member (requires self disclosure) OR
- Be under the age of 24 or over the age of 65
$300 Bonus Offer Terms & Conditions
- Earn a $300 bonus by opening a new U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking account (excluding Safe Debit Account).
- You must use the promotion code listed on this offer when you apply. If you navigate away from this page, the promotion code is not automatically included and you will need to manually input the code during your application.
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account.
- The checking account must be opened online. Additionally, you must:
- enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App within 60 days of opening your account
- complete two or more direct deposits within 60 days of opening your account totaling $5,000 or more
- The checking bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification and verification of enrollment in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App as long as your account is open and has a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
The Bottom Line
This is one of the bigger bonuses I’ve seen for U.S. Bank when applying online. There’s a $400 version sometimes offered in the branches, but it’s not common and I wouldn’t bank (pun intended) on it.
Banking products are state specific, but is available nationwide if you’re an existing U.S. Bank customer. For instance, if you have a U.S. Bank credit card, you can login with your existing credentials and take part in the bank bonuses.
U.S. Bank is a Fortune 500 company with a solid reputation, so I don’t have any concerns about receiving the bonus as long as requirements are met. I would have done this deal already, but unfortunately it’s not available in the Boston area.