U.S. Bank is offering a $500 bonus when you open a checking and savings account online with the promotion code below. This is the biggest bonus they have offered for opening bank accounts through their web site, so grab the $500 offer while it lasts!
U.S. Bank $500 Checking + Savings Bonus Overview
U.S. Bank is offering the highest bank account opening bonus they have ever done!
You’ll get a $400 bonus for opening a checking account plus another $100 for opening a savings account and complete qualifying activities.
Where Do I Enroll?
Enroll by clicking the link below, which will transfer you directly to U.S. Bank’s landing page for the $500 offer:
Who Qualifies For The Bonus?
You qualify for the offer if you live within U.S. Bank’s geographic footprint. They have over 3,000 branches and 5,000+ ATMs, so the chances are good if you live in the United States.
Along with the location requirement, you can’t be:
- A current U.S. Bank personal checking account customer OR
- Had a U.S. Bank personal checking account in the last 6 months OR
- Received any bonus offers from U.S. Bank in the last 12 months
- $600 Citizens Bank Checking + Savings Bonus
- $400 Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
- $200/$1,000 Capital One 360 Savings Bonus
- $600 Chase Checking + Savings Account Bonus
- What Counts As A Direct Deposit When It Comes To Bank Sign Up Bonuses
What Are The Details?
Expiration: December 14, 2020
Household Limit: 1 bonus per household
Direct Deposit Required: $1,000 to $4,000 (see what counts as a direct deposit)
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
You’ll receive the $500 bonus when you complete the following requirements:
Enter Promo Code:
- Use promo code 2020Q4B during the sign up process
$400 Checking Bonus:
- Earn a $400 bonus when you open a new checking account and complete 2 recurring deposits by December 18, 2020. Bonus you receive will depend on direct deposits of two or more that total:
- $1,000 – $1,999.99 to earn $100
- $2,000 – $4,999.99 to earn $200
- $4,000 or more to earn $400
$100 Savings Bonus:
- Earn up to a $100 bonus when you open a new savings account and make deposit(s) by December 21, 2020 and maintain the balance through June 21, 2021:
- Make deposit or deposits that total $2,500 – $4,999.99 to earn $50
- Make deposit or deposits that total $5,000 or more to earn $100
Checking Accounts (3 Options)
There are three different checking accounts that you can open for this bonus: Easy checking account, Gold checking account, and Platinum Checking account.
The Easy account has a monthly fee of $6.95, Gold account has a monthly fee of $14.95, and the Platinum account has a monthly fee of $24.95. All account monthly fees can be waived if you do ONE of the following:
U.S. Bank Easy Checking Account:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more OR
- Average account balance of $1,500 OR
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater
U.S. Bank Gold Checking Account:
- Have a U.S. Bank credit card (like the Altitude, Cash+, or Flexperks) OR
- Have it waived by joining the Because You’ve Earned It program (requires good credit score)
U.S. Bank Platinum Checking Account:
- Have personal trust relationship with U.S. Bank Wealth Management OR
- Deposits of $25,000 or more in combined personal deposits, credit balances with U.S. Bank and/or investments through U.S. Bancorp Investments
Savings Account (1 Option)
U.S. Bank Standard Savings:
There’s only one savings account option called Standard Savings and it doesn’t have monthly maintenance fees.
Terms & Conditions
$400 Checking Bonus
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank checking account.
- To earn your $100, $200 or $400 bonus, open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) from November 5 through and including December 14, 2020.
- Additionally, you must complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total: $1,000-$1,999.99 to earn $100; $2,000-$4,999.99 to earn $200; $4,000 or more to earn $400 within 60 days of account opening and be enrolled in e-statements by December 18, 2020.
- The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, and verification of enrollment in e-statements.
- The account must be open and have a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank checking bonus offers within the past 12 months.
$100 Savings Bonus
- A $25 minimum deposit is required to open a new U.S. Bank Standard Savings account.
- To earn your $50 or $100 bonus, open a new U.S. Bank Standard Savings account from November 5 through and including December 14, 2020.
- Additionally, you must make deposit(s) of $2,500 to $4,999.99 to earn $50; $5,000 or more to earn $100 by December 21, 2020 then maintain a minimum total account balance of $2,500 or more to earn $50; $5,000 or more to earn $100 through June 21, 2021.
- The savings account bonus will be credited to your new savings account based on both balance date terms within 60 days after verification of the maintained balance.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer savings account, had a U.S.
- Bank consumer savings account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank savings bonus offers within the past 12 months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Bottom Line
Essentially the same requirements as their $300 checking bonus offer. This promo gives you $100 more for opening the same checking account plus another $100 for opening a savings account to boot.
Overall, this makes this U.S. Bank’s best offer I’ve seen and I would definitely do it if you’re eligible.