U.S. Bank is offering a $500 bonus when you open a checking and savings account online with the promotion code below. This is the biggest bonus they have offered for opening bank accounts through their web site, so grab the $500 offer while it lasts!
Ninja Update 12/31/21: Offer is back and now only requires you to open a checking account for the $500 bonus.
U.S. Bank $500 Checking Bonus Overview
U.S. Bank is offering the highest bank account opening bonus they have ever done!
You’ll get a $500 bonus for opening a checking account and complete qualifying activities.
Who Qualifies For The Bonus?
You qualify for the offer if you live within U.S. Bank’s geographic footprint. They have over 3,000 branches and 5,000+ ATMs, so the chances are good if you live in the United States.
Along with the location requirement, you can’t be:
- A current U.S. Bank personal checking account customer OR
- Had a U.S. Bank personal checking account in the last 6 months OR
- Received any bonus offers from U.S. Bank in the last 12 months
- $600 Citizens Bank Checking + Savings Bonus
- $400 Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
- $200/$1,000 Capital One 360 Savings Bonus
- $600 Chase Checking + Savings Account Bonus
- What Counts As A Direct Deposit When It Comes To Bank Sign Up Bonuses
Where Do I Enroll?
Enroll by clicking the link below, which will transfer you directly to U.S. Bank’s landing page for the $500 offer:
What Are The Details?
December 14, 2020 January 24, 2022
Household Limit: 1 bonus per household
Direct Deposit Required: $2,000 to $5,000 (see what counts as a direct deposit)
Soft/Hard Pull: Soft
Early Account Termination Fee: None
You’ll receive the $500 bonus when you complete the following requirements:
Enter Promo Code:
- Use promo code 2022JAN during the sign up process
$500 Checking Bonus:
- Earn up to a $500 bonus when you open a new checking account and complete 2 or more direct deposits within the first 60 days of opening your account. Bonus you receive will depend on direct deposits of two or more that total:
- $2,000 – $4,999.99 = earn a $300 bonus
- $5,000 = earn a $500 bonus
Checking Accounts (3 Options)
There are three different checking accounts that you can open for this bonus: Easy checking account, Gold checking account, and Platinum Checking account.
The Easy account has a monthly fee of $6.95, Gold account has a monthly fee of $14.95, and the Platinum account has a monthly fee of $24.95. All account monthly fees can be waived if you do ONE of the following:
U.S. Bank Easy Checking Account:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more OR
- Average account balance of $1,500 OR
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater
U.S. Bank Gold Checking Account:
- Have a U.S. Bank credit card (like the Altitude, Cash+, or Flexperks) OR
- Have it waived by joining the Because You’ve Earned It program (requires good credit score)
U.S. Bank Platinum Checking Account:
- Have personal trust relationship with U.S. Bank Wealth Management OR
- Deposits of $25,000 or more in combined personal deposits, credit balances with U.S. Bank and/or investments through U.S. Bancorp Investments
Terms & Conditions
$500 Checking Bonus
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank checking account.
- To earn your $300 or $500 bonus, open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) before the offer expiration date
- Additionally, you must complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total: $2,000-$4,999.99 to earn $300 or $5,000 or more to earn $500 within 60 days of account opening and be enrolled in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App
- The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, and verification of enrollment in e-statements.
- The account must be open and have a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank checking bonus offers within the past 12 months.
The Bottom Line
Essentially the same requirements as their $300 checking bonus offer. This promo gives you $200 more for opening the same checking account.
Overall, this makes this U.S. Bank’s best offer I’ve seen and I would definitely do it if you’re eligible. I’ll include this offer in the list of the best bank account bonuses.